• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 Deleting .MVF files (channel announcement files) in CPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmason04

I support our police.
Hello everyone,
I am currently setting up channel announcement files for my XTS5000. I have already done one set of channel announcement files but am working on a new set that sound better. I don't want to bog down the radio or codeplug with old MVF files, so how do I delete the old ones? I tried deleting them from the Windows folder but CPS gives a missing file error when I go to write or save my codeplug. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
David

chip448

Feed Provider
Hello everyone,
I am currently setting up channel announcement files for my XTS5000. I have already done one set of channel announcement files but am working on a new set that sound better. I don't want to bog down the radio or codeplug with old MVF files, so how do I delete the old ones? I tried deleting them from the Windows folder but CPS gives a missing file error when I go to write or save my codeplug. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
David
Have you had any luck? I'm in the same boat.

chip448

Feed Provider
I got them to go away. The process is a bit convoluted since I don't know the "proper" way of removing them, but here's what I did.

1. Remove voice announcement from each channel under zone/channel assignment
2. Go to "radio configuration>radio wide" and uncheck the channel announcement option
3. Write the radio, ensuring channel announcement is gone after the write process finishes
4. Close the CPS, leaving the option to read and write voice files checked under "view>options" before doing so
5. Go to the voice file directory and delete all voice files (C:\ProgramData\Motorola\PatPort\voice is the default directory)
6. Reopen the CPS and read the radio (that should have no need for voice files now)
7. Go to zone/channel assignment and click the dropdown menu - there should be no voice files there to select

Let me know if that works. I've been tinkering with this for a while, so I may have missed something with these instructions.

chip448

Feed Provider
If you want to change existing voice files, try this (you'll need a free program called Audacity):

1. Open Audacity
2. Import the .wav you want to edit
3. Change the attributes (click on the menu with the file name > format) from from 32 bits back to 16 bits
4. Export the file, overwriting the existing file
5. Compress the voice files in the CPS
6. Write the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.