Schenectady county n.y. 800 system

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
After letting my scanner's discovery run for a while, here is what I am thinking:

101xx TGs are encrypted. These are probably law enforcement, based on the amount of activity and prior posts here that law will be encrypted.
103xx MAY be fire related. There were a number of radio checks and they were fire type call signs (engines, cars). Maybe new radios being installed?
10501 was referred to as [something] "Ops 1", perhaps "Joint Ops 1" and this is where the Stockade-athon was.

GTR8000 or other knowledgeables in the admin of a Motorola P25 system - Are there any reasons, other than convenience, to group IDs by agency or service type? Do the system tools work on fleets or prefix groupings?

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
GTR8000 or other knowledgeables in the admin of a Motorola P25 system: Are there any reasons, other than convenience, to group IDs by agency or service type? Do the backend tools work on fleets or prefix groupings?
Not really, no. Any set of talkgroups can be added to a multi-group, agency-group, etc. they need not be in a "block". It just makes life easier if you create a fleetmap that has some order and organization to it.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Just trying to make sense of things here. To reiterate. Weeks ago I had the only TG operating which was Sheriffs. I put a wildcard in and a few others mentioned here. Now nothing.
So is everything encrypted now?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just trying to make sense of things here. To reiterate. Weeks ago I had the only TG operating which was Sheriffs. I put a wildcard in and a few others mentioned here. Now nothing.
So is everything encrypted now?
Get a dongle and watch the system in Unitrunker. That's the only way you'll know for certain which talkgroups are active and if they are clear or secure.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Get a dongle and watch the system in Unitrunker. That's the only way you'll know for certain which talkgroups are active and if they are clear or secure.

I'll share my findings tonight. There has been lots of traffic, but almost all on encrypted. All law enforcement agencies are running full time encryption. Fire will be starting to onboard in the next few weeks, which will be in the clear.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I'll share my findings tonight. There has been lots of traffic, but almost all on encrypted. All law enforcement agencies are running full time encryption. Fire will be starting to onboard in the next few weeks, which will be in the clear.
Thanks! I think I have a few of those. Once we all start seeing and hearing stuff and can confirm for sure we can submit to database.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
checking a few things here this morning. Listening to county FD on 460.575. Then on the G5 still nothing. 851.2875 as CC. 3 bars signal. Weeks ago…

Suggestions/Thoughts are welcome.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Fire is still on UHF. Other than some test transmissions I haven’t heard any fire on the trunked yet. Law appears on the trunked but is encrypted. So you wouldn’t be hearing anything on the G5 other then the occasional test or event traffic on the joint ops TG.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Fire is still on UHF. Other than some test transmissions I haven’t heard any fire on the trunked yet. Law appears on the trunked but is encrypted. So you wouldn’t be hearing anything on the G5 other then the occasional test or event traffic on the joint ops TG.
Thanks!

W2DFC

Premium Subscriber
The first FD that’s supposed to switch is Schenectady Fire possibly this week and their not on 575….575 will have traffic on it for awhile yet they’ll be running dual systems until all the county FD’s are swapped over which is going to take some time

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Just heard TGID 10315 its Schenectady fire (460.6000) the dispatcher told one of the fireman that he was on the old frequency(460.6000) and to switch to the new system. I still have not found out what TGID 10120 is?

sfd301

City of Schenectady Fire just announced they are switching to the new system and told apparatus to standby for roll call……..did a call with them they are on it.
Yes, Schenectady Fire cut over today. Scotia will be in a few weeks followed by the rest of Glenville.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
does anyone have a good listing of talkgroups i know ive got a few in my sdr but looking to actually pin down channel names and id

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
Things should be active as there’s a level 1 mci in the county