Perfect "Mobile" Scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I love the idea of having a dedicated listening area at my house, with scanners dedicated to different things, etc. Alas, I don't have time to sit at home and listen very much as I work full time, have a young son and am always out and about doing things. So, I take portable scanners with me in the car, but range isn't great and with my roof antenna at home I can pick up stuff from all around my home state. I also have two broadcastify feeds running online from my home setup.

That all leads me to my question. Does anyone know of an equipment / software combo that would allow me to run a scanner at home plugged into my roof antenna and my home computer that I can control from another computer, or even better, my iPhone? It would be amazing if I could control my home scanner while I'm out and about, and listen in on my iPhone as well. I listen to my own feeds right now using broadcastify, but I can't control what I'm listening to.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, I'd be curious to learn more. Thanks!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I love the idea of having a dedicated listening area at my house, with scanners dedicated to different things, etc. Alas, I don't have time to sit at home and listen very much as I work full time, have a young son and am always out and about doing things. So, I take portable scanners with me in the car, but range isn't great and with my roof antenna at home I can pick up stuff from all around my home state. I also have two broadcastify feeds running online from my home setup.

That all leads me to my question. Does anyone know of an equipment / software combo that would allow me to run a scanner at home plugged into my roof antenna and my home computer that I can control from another computer, or even better, my iPhone? It would be amazing if I could control my home scanner while I'm out and about, and listen in on my iPhone as well. I listen to my own feeds right now using broadcastify, but I can't control what I'm listening to.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, I'd be curious to learn more. Thanks!
You're already using ProScan along with a BCD325P2 to stream to Broadcastify. So it should be simple to setup the Web Server feature. That way, you can use a web browser on your iPhone to control the scanner. You'll need to setup the router port forwarding so your iPhone can access the server from outside your home network.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
You're already using ProScan along with a BCD325P2 to stream to Broadcastify. So it should be simple to setup the Web Server feature. That way, you can use a web browser on your iPhone to control the scanner. You'll need to setup the router port forwarding so your iPhone can access the server from outside your home network.

Thanks, might be above my technical ability but I’ll look into it. I have and use ProScan already, so I’ll see if I can make it work. Thanks!

NYRHKY94

Thanks, might be above my technical ability but I’ll look into it. I have and use ProScan already, so I’ll see if I can make it work. Thanks!

emsflyer84: There are a couple tutorials posted on the lower right hand side of the ProScan.org web site. Click on the first one and review pages 8 - 12 for web server configuration. While the tutorials were written for a different scanner model, the general concept is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.