Metrolinx Rail Traffic Control

mciupa

Database Admin
What I may do is recreate those Conventional frequencies as Uniden's fake One Frequency Trunk for NXDN on the twenty sites in my 536.
That is the cheaters way of finding talkgroups. I currently just listen in as a conventional system.

It shows up as TGID: 0 and the radio ID is the locomotive or the RTC console.

gary123

Still no luck on grabbing the NXDN porter channel in use on the Kitchener-London GO trains yet. Obviously they do not use the radios a lot.

mjf

Premium Subscriber
161.220 and 161.520 both recently active (1:45 AM) with "MX Toronto West RTC". Both heard very strong in west-central Etobicoke.

mciupa

Database Admin
161.220 and 161.520 both recently active (1:45 AM) with "MX Toronto West RTC". Both heard very strong in west-central Etobicoke.

A Metrolinx agency page has been created to keep the Toronto specific rail traffic separate from the regular Ontario wide subdivisions.

mjf

Premium Subscriber
161.4375 (GO 14) was also active last night. 160.350 (GO 13), 160.770 (GO 15) and 160.740 (GO 4) are all active this morning.

mciupa

Database Admin
I very much appreciate the updates!

I'm holding on the system all day to see how many I can confirm. Some oddities are 9 RAN on GO9 Don Yard and10 RAN on GO10 Don Yard, all others appear to be 0 RAN.

Reactions: mjf

gary123

On the RAN 9 and 10 I wonder if we are seeing an inexperienced programmer confusing the channel number with the RAN.

ATCTech

Is the frequency duplication (GO 02 Vaughan and GO 16 Brampton for example) in the new web page correct, speculation or in error?

mciupa

Database Admin
Oops,Error!:whistle:

It should be 161.550 MHz and has now been changed.

gary123

No, the train crews are 100% using Kenwoods. I only caught them using them once. I had Close Call running on my hardware with nothing captured. I now have both a SDR set up for 160-162 (Airspy R2) and a Aeroflex service monitor with spectrum capture. All I need to do is be free and in one of the towns where the train stops.

The GO trains are using CN1. I have monitored them from KW to London.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Still no luck on grabbing the NXDN porter channel in use on the Kitchener-London GO trains yet. Obviously they do not use the radios a lot.

I’m not sure what you mean by “porters” as there’s no luggage to schlep around. There are Customer Service Representatives and the one time I saw one use a radio to communicate with the head end crew, they did it on the standby channel the crew was on which in this case was CN1.

gary123

Maybe porter channel is a poor choice of a name. Its the train crew (CSR). They were using a channel other than CN1 and were talking to each other from car to car. I was able to get one of them to key up with me standing right there in Close Call mode. I got nothing on the 5 count they made. My logger in the vehicle also did not capture anything, but did capture the doors secured call to the engine and other CN traffic.

For me this is not a big issue. Its just the OCD in me and scratching the curiosity itch.