• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX Looking for some codeplugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmason04

I support our police.
Howdy y'all,
I'm looking for a codeplug for an APX 900, blank or used for programming. I'm also curious to see how one goes about programming a GTR 8000 trunking repeater and what CPS version I need to accomplish that.

Thanks,
David

tyler3328

You would need your specific feature set/model to have a codeplug that you can edit and not have any errors when transferring/cloning to another device. They aren't plug and play like ham devices. Easiest way is to read the radio you have. As for the GTR you would have to purchase the software from Motorola and download it from MyView portal. If you aren't familiar with programming them I would not recommend just trying things or you run the chance of seriously screwing up the system and preventing authorized users from accessing sites. Not to mention the other hardware requirements that are needed for a TRS site.

NVAGVUP

Feed Provider
GTR doesn't use CPS, it uses CSS (configuration service software) and is usually SWDL'ed over the RNI.

If you don't know MTS2000's acronyms, you should not touch a GTR8000. This is deep water and you are more likely to go backwards if you don't know what you are doing before you connect. (Unless the significant risk of impairing the repeater is not an issue)

dmason04

I support our police.
You would need your specific feature set/model to have a codeplug that you can edit and not have any errors when transferring/cloning to another device. They aren't plug and play like ham devices. Easiest way is to read the radio you have. As for the GTR you would have to purchase the software from Motorola and download it from MyView portal. If you aren't familiar with programming them I would not recommend just trying things or you run the chance of seriously screwing up the system and preventing authorized users from accessing sites. Not to mention the other hardware requirements that are needed for a TRS site.

I'm just working on learning the software, I don't actually have an APX 900. Any feature set would work, I was just trying to see if I could find a codeplug. Same goes for the GTR 8000.

Status
Not open for further replies.