Northwell Health MedEvac

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, question for my Long Island people. Been noticing a lot of traffic on my aircraft tracking app from this medevac hello which I believe is out of MacArthur airport. I have noticed it fly allover to include across the pond in my area near groton new London airport, Hartford, Bridgeport,new Haven CT, was wondering what freq they operate on. Was looking on Suffolk page and under all the medevacs but didn’t see anything that seemed to indicate northwell health.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
SkyHealth is the name of the medevac. Have you checked the Medevac talkgroups on the Suffolk trunked systems?

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Your correct there are 2 talkgroups on the P2 system one for aviation medevac and northwell has a talk group for a “Willy” unit? But I didn’t think that the system would work this far from Long Island? And I would think they use a UHF or VHF air to ground freq to com with the hospital. I will do some poking around in our medevac frequencies on this side and see if they use ours as well. I believe the hospital group is owned by the same parent company who owns our local hospital here and that is why it is frequenting the area. Thanks 👍

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I assume that you've already done some Googling and have seen the sites describing the medevac and what facilities they primarily service.

The trunked system can have much further range in the air than it does along the ground, and it's possible that the medevac is operating on more than one system.

When in doubt, check the UHF MED channels, they may be using one of those.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm good find I know we have a one voice site here as well so you could very well be correct as well

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ah yeah that makes sense, forgot to check the OneVoice system. I'll add an entry to the NYS Medevac page to point to that for future reference.

emtprt

Premium Subscriber
SkyHealth dispatches can be monitored on 155.205 pl 67.0. Also, they coordinate with Lifestar Center when doing missions in CT on 155.385

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
northwell also has tower space across the sound in ct. that they will utilize for airops and transport ops as well. Fyi

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
SkyHealth is not a 9-1-1 medevac, it is a facility to facility medevac. It's home base is Yale New Haven Hospital. Primary dispatch for 155.205 PL 67.0. In Connecticut you'll often hear them also operating on LifeStar's primary channel, 155.3850 PL 82.5 as well. The Helo and Crew shuttle back and forth between New York and Connecticut.

asnhnetwork

It is not based at Yale New Haven . That is 1 of the providers in Consortium with Northwell Health. It is based at Islip Macarthur Airport on Long Island

sefrischling

It is not based at Yale New Haven . That is 1 of the providers in Consortium with Northwell Health. It is based at Islip Macarthur Airport on Long Island

To the best of my knowledge, SkyHealth's home base for dispatch is YNHH. That is the information provided by AirMed International, who operates the SkyHealth helo, as well as Yale New Haven Hospital. I am reasonably certain they'd know best as to the home base of the medevac, as they are the operators of the medevac.

sefrischling

AirMed has SkyHealth located at ISP on their own map, so I'm not sure what source you're looking at.

Countless press releases since it's inception a few years ago that cite YNHH has SkyHealth's primary base of operation.

asnhnetwork

To the best of my knowledge, SkyHealth's home base for dispatch is YNHH. That is the information provided by AirMed International, who operates the SkyHealth helo, as well as Yale New Haven Hospital. I am reasonably certain they'd know best as to the home base of the medevac, as they are the operators of the medevac.

Not sure who is feeding you the wrong information. Follow the travels of N347MT oh and in case you were not familiar Northwell is the parent company of North Shore University Hospital Manhasset NY. Yale New Haven bought into the program but they are not involved in the dispatch or base of the aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.