ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Folks,
Each upgrade I hear from at least 7 or 8 users (super small percentage of users) that this or that stopped working. In all cases lately with one exception, the problems have been external to ProScan. I guess it's easier to put blame on the software then doing any troubleshooting and checking the setup for the very few. The most common fixes I heard about are: 1) ProScan was installed in a different folder then the original causing the configuration to be slightly different. 2) Power cycling the scanner. 3) Internet Security/Antivirus software needing an exemption. 4) Power cycling the router. 5) Rebooting the computer. I just want to get this out because I heard it once on this upgrade already and the next time, I can refer him or her to this. Now I said this, the next bug report will actually be a ProScan problem.

The one exception is a recent IOS upgrade caused the iPhone browsers virtual scanner buttons to break.

Last edited:

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
updated this morning to 18.2 and here is my display i rebooted the system still the same i have another instance of proscan running on 18.0 and this one is ok

any idea what i can do to get back full display

1639747924500.png

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
I'll look at it before the next release.
{edit} The Web Server always worked this way.

always used ProScan minimized and sometime this problem was there but my easy fix was to change the view option and display on the server side was back to normal even when ProScan is minimized but this time nothing worked except unminimized

but it's ok for me now i have a fix

Thanks Bob for all your hard work

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
always used ProScan minimized and sometime this problem was there but my easy fix was to change the view option and display on the server side was back to normal even when ProScan is minimized but this time nothing worked except unminimized

but it's ok for me now i have a fix

Thanks Bob for all your hard work
No changes in that area in a long time. Try reverting back to the version that worked before and see what happens.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
updated this morning to 18.2 and here is my display i rebooted the system still the same i have another instance of proscan running on 18.0 and this one is ok

any idea what i can do to get back full display

View attachment 113705
Also it's difficult to determine the exact problem when a bug is reported via message boards. On emails, I may ask a few questions or more and send out test files until fixed. Basically, when bug reports come in via email initially, they go to the top of the list. On bug reports via the web, all I can offer is I'll look at it before the next version.

Jeta1

Question, does this new release affect the .css or webserver.html file? I currently use the black .css file that was supplied on this site.
Thanks for the continual improvement!
Jeta1

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Question, does this new release affect the .css or webserver.html file? I currently use the black .css file that was supplied on this site.
Thanks for the continual improvement!
Jeta1
Yes on the javascript and no on the css. Is something a different color or something?

Last edited:

Jeta1

Yes, I'll remove this link in about 10 minutes (link to site removed - Jeta1).

Last edited:

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
The only odd thing I had happen lately was when I connected the SDS100 to a third instance of Proscan for logging, sdrTrunk threw a fit and refused to decode. No issues with the two other instances with BCT15x. I think it was a computer hardware issue and nothing related to Proscan, since it didn't start until the connection to the scanner happened.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The only odd thing I had happen lately was when I connected the SDS100 to a third instance of Proscan for logging, sdrTrunk threw a fit and refused to decode. No issues with the two other instances with BCT15x. I think it was a computer hardware issue and nothing related to Proscan, since it didn't start until the connection to the scanner happened.
Try power cycling the scanner. If that doesn't solve it then check the Device Manager and see if the driver is working. Wiggle the cable.