Green County switched to digital

m00ler03

Feed provider
Green County has switched to digital on several of their channels

Sheriff 1 and 2
Green County Fire
Green County EMS

Does anyone know if radioreference has the correct details to be able to listen to them? Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
154.72500KSB392RM230 NACGRSO1Sheriff DispatchP25Law Dispatch

I would try the other frequencies as P25 with the same NAC code. You can probably search for the NAC code on your scanner.

Citywide6

Premium Subscriber
I have garbled transmissions two miles from a tower. It sounds like a simulcast system to my ear. License data shows 8K70D1w, which comes back as “P25 linear simulcast modulation ASTRO.”

Citywide6

Premium Subscriber
Simulcast systems are very hard to hear on even the best current scanners. Look for earlier discussions about DaneCom for the reasons for it. Basically, our scanners are confused when the same transmission arrives from more than one tower. Posts going back a couple of years will explain it better than I can. Again, I’m assuming Green County now has a simulcast system because it sounds just as garbled as DaneCom. I could be wrong.

pbecker0127

Premium Subscriber
I monitored Green County for a few hours last night an this morning. There was traffic on 3 of the channels currently listed in the updated RR database. See attached image. The frequencies with the red indicators are the (only) ones that had traffic.SmartSelect_20211229-181659_DuckDuckGo.jpg

k9tsu

Confirming ALL Green County frequencies have been active except 154.160 after listening for several days

Svenprest1

Premium Subscriber
Simulcast systems are very hard to hear on even the best current scanners. Look for earlier discussions about DaneCom for the reasons for it. Basically, our scanners are confused when the same transmission arrives from more than one tower. Posts going back a couple of years will explain it better than I can. Again, I’m assuming Green County now has a simulcast system because it sounds just as garbled as DaneCom. I could be wrong.
Green County is broadcasting simulcast off of 4 towers at the same time.

KC9UNK

I know I'm in beloit and I can only pick up the paging channel . I can't hear anything else and I'm using an outside antenna that picks up departments 70 miles away but can't hear green in the next county. I can't even get them on WISCOM county scan TG but I can get dane on theirs

Svenprest1

Premium Subscriber
Green County has switched to digital on several of their channels

Sheriff 1 and 2
Green County Fire
Green County EMS

Does anyone know if radioreference has the correct details to be able to listen to them? Thanks

The information is correct. Green County switched over to Simulcast around the begining of the year or late Spring.
The only scanners that will pick it up as of this date anyway, are the Uniden SDS100 and 200 models. Maybe there might be another one, but I don't know which one they would be. Just so you know, they don't use the radio anymore than absolute necessary, so if you do listen, you may have a long wait until you hear them. They've been that way ever since I've had scanners which was in the mid 70's.

Svenprest1

Premium Subscriber
I know I'm in beloit and I can only pick up the paging channel . I can't hear anything else and I'm using an outside antenna that picks up departments 70 miles away but can't hear green in the next county. I can't even get them on WISCOM county scan TG but I can get dane on theirs

They are simulcast now. Uniden SDS100 and 200 are the only 2 that will pick them up. I also have an outdoor antenna on my tower and able to pick up Iowa County in Dodgeville with no trouble.