NWORPSS Site and Talkgroup Discussion

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
I also heard 9931, is this the new station alert for Toledo Fire? Sounded like only TFD was being dispatched on it.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that none of the dispatch TGs are marked as not used anymore, are they using both their own TGs and the unified TGs?

KQA726

Radio Reference still lists 3 sets of OPS talkgroups for Lucas County- is it safe to leave those OUT of scans now as all Lucas County Fire is now in its new resting places?

swanson2255

@Thatsclear
All departments that are part of the new COG Dispatch are using the unified dispatch talkgroups, the individual dispatch talkgroups are no longer active.

@KQA726
OPS 4 and 5 are Lucas County spare ops, OPS 6 thru 9 are for Lucas County law enforcement
OPS 9, 10, and 14 are for Lucas County fire
OPS 11 is Airport Ops
OPS 12 is Fulton County
OPS 13 is for mass casualty incidents
OPS 15 is Wood County
OPS 16 is Henry County.

This new format replaces all of the old assignments of OPS groups to certain municipalities. TPD has started using OPS6-6 as their tac channel for stand-offs and other extended operations.

Just to be safe I would program them into the scanner, there should be minimal traffic on any of them unless the COG assigns them for special operations.

ArtU

Why am I hearing Oregon City on South , they are North East?

Edit or are they just putting all 'Burbs" on South? And Sylvania is North West but put on South? I am about to sell this scanner it is not useful anymore.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Maumee, Oregon, Waterville, Waterville Twp, and Whitehouse are on Southeast. Sylvania, Sylvania Twp, Ottawa Hills, and UT are on Northwest. Toledo stayed with their Central and South dispatch. Washington Twp is now on TPD Central.

ArtU

Maumee, Oregon, Waterville, Waterville Twp, and Whitehouse are on Southeast. Sylvania, Sylvania Twp, Ottawa Hills, and UT are on Northwest. Toledo stayed with their Central and South dispatch. Washington Twp is now on TPD Central.

Thanks, this helped me a lot. TPD were not at first of this train wreck on their old Talk Groups. I just talked to an insider about your post and he told me TPD was totally not going to put up with the train wreck and moved back to the old ones. I am now picking them up on another P25 radio just fine.

Last edited:

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Toledo never moved their dispatch talkgroups nor did they intend on moving. The consolidation of dispatch talkgroups was only for the suburban agencies. The only difference for Toledo is the dispatchers / call takers are no longer employed by Toledo.

ArtU

Toledo never moved their dispatch talkgroups nor did they intend on moving. The consolidation of dispatch talkgroups was only for the suburban agencies. The only difference for Toledo is the dispatchers / call takers are no longer employed by Toledo.

So where is Lucas Sheriff Hiding on now? one posted here they are split on South and North; None heard hear at all... And I have had the old talk groups on. "Lucas 31... Go ahead 31, we have a ..{what ever}

budman1234

Feed Provider
So where is Lucas Sheriff Hiding on now? one posted here they are split on South and North; None heard hear at all... And I have had the old talk groups on. "Lucas 31... Go ahead 31, we have a ..{what ever}
the are now "SO" units example "so26" i believe

budman1234

Feed Provider
Being the feed provider for all of lucas county law i can confirm they are indeed split between the new dispatch talkgroups

swanson2255

Did anyone on this thread submit to have a bunch of the service tags on the RR page updated? I'd like to know where they got there information from, seems like many were incorrectly changed.

KQA726

Swanson2255, saw there was about 54 updates this week. Don't know who updated them, or if they are correct yet.
Many have to do with OPS. I think they also dumped most of the suburban's original FD and PD dispatch talk groups, assuming they are not patched or on two talkgroups but only the new Lucas Country assignments?

budman1234

Feed Provider
Did anyone on this thread submit to have a bunch of the service tags on the RR page updated? I'd like to know where they got there information from, seems like many were incorrectly changed.
as far as my calls log on broadcastify all of the listed depreciated talkgroups are in fact no longer in use. i havnt had any hits on them since the patches were dropped.

swanson2255

A majority of the updates are correct. That being said, OPS 7, 13, and 14 are still accessible and have been assigned to law enforcement/fire as I listed a couple posts ago.

Maumee PD Tac 1 (12696) is still active and being used as a car-to-car channel every so often.

Lucas County EMA channel 2 (12776) was active on 12/09 for a radio check, I can only assume that their other channel is still accessible.

Holland PD channel 2 (12520) was active as recently as 12/16 with car-to-car transmissions.

budman1234

Feed Provider
A majority of the updates are correct. That being said, OPS 7, 13, and 14 are still accessible and have been assigned to law enforcement/fire as I listed a couple posts ago.

Maumee PD Tac 1 (12696) is still active and being used as a car-to-car channel every so often.

Lucas County EMA channel 2 (12776) was active on 12/09 for a radio check, I can only assume that their other channel is still accessible.

Holland PD channel 2 (12520) was active as recently as 12/16 with car-to-car transmissions.
sounds good i will submit a entry to RR and see if we can get some corrections made