Cuyahoga Cty---EastCom

Status
Not open for further replies.

timlanese

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996P@ and a SDS100,,,both programed for the same freqs and TGIDs for eastcome and beachwood fire....The SDS picks up everything, the bcd...nothing...what am i missing ( sentinal for the SDS and Proscan for the BCD....) THANKS

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
East Cleveland is GCRCN and Beachwood is MARCS-IP, both are simulcast. The SDS100 will have no issues with simulcast, but the BCD996P2 does not handle simulcast issues well. Sometimes it works, other times it wont. You could try moving the 996 around a bit, or use a yagi antenna pointed at a single antenna, but there is no guarantee it will decode without issues.

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber

northernsummit

Feed Provider
You could put a narrow beam yagi on the 996P2 and point it at the best tower. That would help null out the competitive simulcast and improve its chances of consistent decode. Depending upon where you are in the county you could just put a paper clip in it's antenna jack and see if that works too :)

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Not that is has anything tp do with your reception , but there is no EastCom anymore, it’s Heights Hillcrest Communication Center .

medic5399

Premium Subscriber
Not that is has anything tp do with your reception , but there is no EastCom anymore, it’s Heights Hillcrest Communication Center .
...and Heights Hillcrest is now a part of Chagrin Valley

timlanese

Premium Subscriber
Well im down to just my SDS100......due to everyone going to the simulcast.......I want a second scanner, bu want to spend less than another SDS...any experience with a BC536/436 in this area.....

Nasby

Well im down to just my SDS100......due to everyone going to the simulcast.......I want a second scanner, bu want to spend less than another SDS...any experience with a BC536/436 in this area.....

It all depends on your location in the county. I've had great luck with the Whistler WS1040 and the BCD436 in certain parts of Cuyahoga Co.

However, in other parts they are deaf from simulcast issues.

I would say that if your 996 is having problems, then anything other than an SDS will also suffer from simulcast distortion and won't bring much joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.