NWORPSS Site and Talkgroup Discussion

mmhorn

Up until about a month ago, I was able to receive NWORPSS on my SDS100 here in Fremont. I understand from this talkgroup and RadioReference that they are undergoing major reshuffling. I have kept up on current changes to the talkgroups but have not heard a thing for the last several weeks. I know that they are broadcasting because I can monitor them on Broadcastify, but am at a loss as to why they no longer can be heard here. I wonder if they cut back the tower signal to a smaller footprint?
Mike N8FRI

mmhorn

I want to say that they only broadcast on the Lucas co simulcast towers. Which site are you monitoring
I have both the Bowling Green and Toledo sites programmed in but in the past only ever heard anything on the Toledo sites.
I was amazed when I first got the SDS100 (last Christmas) that it could pick up the NWORPSS while my Whistler TRX1 could not. I am at a loss as to why they have suddenly disappeared from this location.
Mike N8FRI

budman1234

Feed Provider
I have both the Bowling Green and Toledo sites programmed in but in the past only ever heard anything on the Toledo sites.
I was amazed when I first got the SDS100 (last Christmas) that it could pick up the NWORPSS while my Whistler TRX1 could not. I am at a loss as to why they have suddenly disappeared from this location.
Mike N8FRI
thats very wiers. Are you certian you have both sites programmed in? im sorry to keep asking that but can you try to just program the control channels and see what happens?

mmhorn

thats very wiers. Are you certian you have both sites programmed in? im sorry to keep asking that but can you try to just program the control channels and see what happens?
I tried setting up a single frequency P25 system but still no reception. I believe that they have reduced the power to a smaller footprint that does not include my area. I will leave the site in my SDS100 just in case there is another reason for the loss of signal here.
Mike N8FRI

mmhorn

Amazingly enough, they were back on the air at my qth last night full quieting. So, they must have finally straightened out the system.
Problem solved.
Mike N8FRI

budman1234

Feed Provider
Amazingly enough, they were back on the air at my qth last night full quieting. So, they must have finally straightened out the system.
Problem solved.
Mike N8FRI
thats awesome!!! glad its working for you now. i did see they were adding a marcs tower somewhere. Maybe this had something to do with the signal loss for a bit

KQA726

Doesn't Lucas County have "E911" that gives GPS coordinates of the call? Wouldn't that have made the call super obvious that it was a mile from the Sylvania Township Fire station on a map?

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Doesn't Lucas County have "E911" that gives GPS coordinates of the call? Wouldn't that have made the call super obvious that it was a mile from the Sylvania Township Fire station on a map?
It should; As long as the carrier delivers the correct location to the PSAP.

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone here used the Unication G5 to monitor NWORPSS. I live in Waterville. Just looking for any feedback on how well the G5 will work.

DMAZ2022

Premium Subscriber
I live in Curtice (east of Northwood) and listen to Toledo and surrounding, the G5 works great. It's a fantastic little radio. The only problem I run into is at night when we close the blinds in the living room sometimes the signal gets weak. It's the only room in the house I have an issue with. I've got a longer rubber antenna coming and a cheap mobile one I'm going to try on the outside of the house.

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback. I was going to order one today. If you’re having issues in Curtice I think I’ll wait and see if I get anymore responses. I live out in Waterville. So I’m further out than anyone who has responded. My SDS200 with a Remtronix antenna works great out here. Even my 996T with a Remtronix will work reasonably well ( on some days ).