TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Trying to run TwoToneDetect73L on a linux box with RTL_Airband. I have TwoToneDetect70 running with RTL_Airband on a raspberry pi without issue, for over 3 years. Just replaced a couple desktops, so I figured I would boot up a backup TwoToneDetect to stream calls to Zello, as I didn't want to strain the raspberry pi with anything further, and don't want to touch something that is not broke.

My Problem is that when I try to run LevelMeter or TwoToneDetect73L, it gives me the following error:

File "LevelMeter", line 1
SyntaxError: Non-UTF-8 code starting with '\x99' in file LevelMeter on line 2, but no encoding declared; see http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/ for details

Tried starting from scratch, reinstalling packages, everything and keep running this issue. Also tried running Python2 and Python3. Obviously do not have access to the source code, so anyone else able to solve this problem?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
What kind of Linux box are you trying to run on? The 73L binaries are for Windows and ARM architecture (Pi) and won't run on a normal desktop running Ubuntu.

Well that would explain it, I assumed a python app could run on anything with python. Was trying to run it on Ubuntu 20.04.

xawen

Has anyone seen this error running on Raspberry Pi? I get this same error when running the TTD or LevelMeter executables.
Code:
./TwoToneDetect73l: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Running on Rasbian Buster and followed the Raspberry Pi guide on the twotonedetect.net site for install.

Last edited:

bmarchand

Good afternoon,

I'm running into a problem with the latest version (73l) of TwoToneDetect recording the MP3 files. The audio playback is extremely slow, to the point that you can't even understand it. I have attached a sample from a recording this morning. I have tried this on 3 different PCs all with the same results. Even started with a clean config file and populated with my mail server settings, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brett

Attachments

• Fire_2022_01_16_00_30_52.zip
    343.2 KB · Views: 7

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Good afternoon,

I'm running into a problem with the latest version (73l) of TwoToneDetect recording the MP3 files. The audio playback is extremely slow, to the point that you can't even understand it. I have attached a sample from a recording this morning. I have tried this on 3 different PCs all with the same results. Even started with a clean config file and populated with my mail server settings, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brett
@bmarchand It sounds like this may be an issue with ffmpeg. Are you using the version of ffmpeg that came packaged with v73l? Is there any chance you had/have another version already installed on your system that it may be using instead?

bmarchand

@bmarchand It sounds like this may be an issue with ffmpeg. Are you using the version of ffmpeg that came packaged with v73l? Is there any chance you had/have another version already installed on your system that it may be using instead?
Thank you, I'll take a look at that. This occurred on a machine that I had started from a clean install of Windows 10 and new folder taken directly from the TTD download (including recreating the config file from the one in the new folder). I'm wondering if something else running on the machine could be causing issues with the audio recording then.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Another thing you can do is manually edit the config.cfg file and add this line:

keep_wav = 1

That will prevent the WAV file from being deleted after conversion and will allow you to compare the WAV and MP3 files. I'm guessing the WAV will sound ok, which again points to an issue with FFMPEG.

Andy

bmarchand

Another thing you can do is manually edit the config.cfg file and add this line:

keep_wav = 1

That will prevent the WAV file from being deleted after conversion and will allow you to compare the WAV and MP3 files. I'm guessing the WAV will sound ok, which again points to an issue with FFMPEG.

Andy
I have added that into the config and will monitor. Thank you again!

bmarchand

I have added that into the config and will monitor. Thank you again!
Good morning,
I added the keep_wav = 1 setting and now have three wav files from over night. I checked them and they are also playing back with the distortion as well.

Additionally I disabled the Windows virus scanning too.

Brett

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Good morning,
I added the keep_wav = 1 setting and now have three wav files from over night. I checked them and they are also playing back with the distortion as well.

Additionally I disabled the Windows virus scanning too.

Brett

hmm...in that case, I'm wondering if it's a sound card compatibility issue. TTD tries to record at 11025 Hz but perhaps the sound card you're using doesn't support that rate and is using a different rate for recording? Do you have another sound card you could try it with?

Andy

johnmac

Feed Provider
I have been running two instances of TTD v.71a for a number of years without any issues. I now have a problem with my AMR files not being received on my phone for one of the instances. The log file indicates that the file has been sent, but I never receive the "mms" message on my phone. I do receive the "email" version. Also, the other instance works fine, receive both mms and emails.

The mms provider is AT&T (mms.att.net). Windows 10 64bit, with all updates. I have re-saved the config file, checked that I have the correct info in the config files and rebooted the computer.

Looking for any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this issue.

John

xawen

Hi all. I'm trying to use TTD just as a pager (play the dispatch over speakers when a tone is heard). Is there a way to disable the wav recording or mp3 conversion?

MikeOrlando02

Does anyone have the instructions to install TTD on Pi? The TTD.net page for that is forwarding to ImR so looking for some guidance. Thanks!

ZacheryMoyer

I have been running two instances of TTD v.71a for a number of years without any issues. I now have a problem with my AMR files not being received on my phone for one of the instances. The log file indicates that the file has been sent, but I never receive the "mms" message on my phone. I do receive the "email" version. Also, the other instance works fine, receive both mms and emails.

The mms provider is AT&T (mms.att.net). Windows 10 64bit, with all updates. I have re-saved the config file, checked that I have the correct info in the config files and rebooted the computer.

Looking for any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this issue.

John
John I am the same way all the sudden it stop working i even had a back up file and i even switch computers i wonder if it could be the software if you figure it out email me at bvfdco42@gm,ail.com or buckm18@yahoo.com

johnmac

Feed Provider
John I am the same way all the sudden it stop working i even had a back up file and i even switch computers i wonder if it could be the software if you figure it out email me at bvfdco42@gm,ail.com or buckm18@yahoo.com
Quick question - Did you by any chance do an update to windows when it stopped working. Not sure when mine stopped working, but I have done a few updates recently.

John

bmarchand

hmm...in that case, I'm wondering if it's a sound card compatibility issue. TTD tries to record at 11025 Hz but perhaps the sound card you're using doesn't support that rate and is using a different rate for recording? Do you have another sound card you could try it with?

Andy

Good evening Andy,

I tried to find another sound card in my pile of goods, but wasn't able to find anything. So as a test, I fired up an old version of TTD (v71c) and had that running on the same PC that the 73l on. I was able to run them both at the same time and tonight there was a tone out that they both recorded. The older version recorded correctly, the new version did not. I'm not sure if there's anything I could change for settings between the two versions that might correct that.... any further thoughts?

Thank you,
Brett

bmarchand

Hi John,

I have been experiencing this problem for over a year now and I believe the problem is with AT&T not properly routing the messages (or they are held up in a queue some where). Sometimes I will not receive the message at all, other times it may be 2 hours, others a 1/2 hour, or when the moon is in the proper phase, I receive it right away.

I have tried to contact and work with AT&T in the past and they don't understand what the issue is when I try and explain it to them (went through 3 different techs).

Brett

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
The TTD 73l exclude times is not working. the county fire I am monitoring does daily 7 pm test pages for all of the county. I am using Windows 10 with TTD 73l. I set the exclude times from 6:58 pm to 7:05 pm and it still sends the test pages through even with the exclude times set.