NJICS-Passaic County Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2NEC

K2NEC...Explain how posting my viewpoint is defensive and hostile...because it differs from yours? I was sipping bourbon when I made that post as cool as a cucumber. As far as a large disaster, that is what all the gazillion VTAC, UTAC, 7/8 TAC/FIRE/MED, IR/NC, etc. channels are for.
Nope it had nothing to do with being different than mine but the last like 4 sentences of that response made it seem like you were offended by what I had to say, not that I care.

Since we have completely strayed from the whole point of this thread (shocker), was your bourbon any good?

rr60

Premium Subscriber
K2NEC...Explain how posting my viewpoint is defensive and hostile...because it differs from yours? I was sipping bourbon when I made that post as cool as a cucumber. As far as a large disaster, that is what all the gazillion VTAC, UTAC, 7/8 TAC/FIRE/MED, IR/NC, etc. channels are for.
Ummmm, did you say Bourbon 😂
1792 Full Proof
A Midwinter Nights Dram
Angel's Envy Cask Strength
Belle Meade Single Barrel
Benchmark FULL PROOF (BT)
Bib and Tucker 10 Year Small Batch
Blantons
Bowman Brother’s
Buffalo Trace
Cecil+Coleman Pursuit United
Dickel 15 yr SB
Dogfather, Lonewhisker
E.H. Taylor
Eagle Rare
Early Times 100 Bonded
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C921
Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel
Elmer T Lee
Evan Williams 100
Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch
Evan Williams BIB
Evan Williams Single Barrel
Ezra Brooks 99, Luxco
Ezra Brooks Cask @120
Four Roses SB
George Dickel BIB
George Dickel BiB 2008
George T Stagg
George T Stagg Jr
Hancock's President's Reserve
Henry McKenna 10 year BIB
Jack Daniels SB Special Release Orange
Jack Daniels Single Barrel Proof
Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend
JTS Brown BiB
Kentucky Owl, confiscated
Knob Creek 15 year
Knob Creek 9 year
Larceny Barrell Proof
Lone Whisker (Goldberg)
Makers Mark 46
Makers Mark Cask Strength
McKenna
New Riff Single Barrel
Old Charter
Old Fitz BiB 8 Year (Larceny )
Old Forester 1910 Prohibition Style
Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style
Old Forester Single Barrel
Peerless Double Oak
Penelope Bourbon Barrel Strength Toasted
Pinhook Bohemia High Proof
Redemption Cognac Cask Finish
Redemption Wheated
Remus Repeal Reserve V, Luxco
Riff @ Total Wine
Russell's Reserve 13 Year
Russels Reserve 10
Russels Reserve SB…
Two Stars
Very Old Barton 100
Saints Alley (Total wine)
Weller 12 Wheated Bourbon
Weller Black Blue Green Red
Wild Turkey 101
Wild Turkey Masters Keep One
Wild Turkey Rare Breed
Willet Pot Still Reserve
Woodford Reserve 119.8
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Woodford Reserve Masters 128.3
Woodford Reserve Wheated
Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit SB
Yellowstone Select, Luxco
Old Grand Dad 114

mondaro

Feed Provider
Over the years here and this is just an observation members at times have become more hostile towards each other and some have become the radio police, I can remember when being here on RR was fun, I think we need to respect everyone's viewpoint in remembering we have newbie's, the experts, the in-between and one's who think there experts. take this clue/hint NEVER delete an agency's old frequency or system just because they move to a new system doesn't mean radios on an old system or frequency is gone forever in some cases remember our scanners today can handle way more than the old Bearcat 210XL,

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I am in bergen County can I still rec newark new jersey fd thank you

I'm in southern Bergen County and on my 325P2 I am still getting Newark FD, other Essex County FD's and Union County FD's. I get them all on my 992P2's and mySDS100 all with stock antennas.

N2NHL

It depends on what you want to listen to. Since the PC Simulcast came online, it's been an interesting listening dynamic. I've noticed an uptick in traffic on Union County Simulcast - including more of Newark Fire which I also hear on WO Simulcast. Belleville seems exclusive to WO Simulcast, whereas Bloomfield has popped up on both WO and PC. Hawthorne and Little Falls have been routinely on the new PC simulcast, but pop up on WO. I have even caught Oakland on the PC Simulcast at least 1 time. State Police has been coming through on all 3 simulcasts, but even then I catch Troop C mainly on UC, with B on WO and PC. There is no written rules on these, but just what I was able to hear in the past 2 weeks. Tenafly seems to be on Alpine Site much of when then are on the air, but I have heard them in the past on the Meadowlands site, along with the PIP police. So there is a lot to listen to - your choice.

I don't know if you have an outdoor antenna or not, but this has helped dramatically. Without it, I cannot hear the UC Simulcast, nor the Rockland County TRS from the Belleville/North Arlington area. As far as conventional (non-trunked), i can hear as far away as Mahwah and Ramsey on the SDS200 - which I solely use to monitor digital. The Home Patrol 1 is used for all of the local analog conventional (Newark PD, North Arlington, Glen Ridge, Nutley, Garfield, Passaic, Wallington, Clifton Fire, Woodland Park, Elmwood Park). My SDS100 is the floater radio that I use to focus on something prescient (like someone crashing outside my apartment on Route 21 in front of the State Fair, which is a common occurrence).

Car95

It depends on what you want to listen to. Since the PC Simulcast came online, it's been an interesting listening dynamic. I've noticed an uptick in traffic on Union County Simulcast - including more of Newark Fire which I also hear on WO Simulcast. Belleville seems exclusive to WO Simulcast, whereas Bloomfield has popped up on both WO and PC. Hawthorne and Little Falls have been routinely on the new PC simulcast, but pop up on WO. I have even caught Oakland on the PC Simulcast at least 1 time. State Police has been coming through on all 3 simulcasts, but even then I catch Troop C mainly on UC, with B on WO and PC. There is no written rules on these, but just what I was able to hear in the past 2 weeks. Tenafly seems to be on Alpine Site much of when then are on the air, but I have heard them in the past on the Meadowlands site, along with the PIP police. So there is a lot to listen to - your choice.

I don't know if you have an outdoor antenna or not, but this has helped dramatically. Without it, I cannot hear the UC Simulcast, nor the Rockland County TRS from the Belleville/North Arlington area. As far as conventional (non-trunked), i can hear as far away as Mahwah and Ramsey on the SDS200 - which I solely use to monitor digital. The Home Patrol 1 is used for all of the local analog conventional (Newark PD, North Arlington, Glen Ridge, Nutley, Garfield, Passaic, Wallington, Clifton Fire, Woodland Park, Elmwood Park). My SDS100 is the floater radio that I use to focus on something prescient (like someone crashing outside my apartment on Route 21 in front of the State Fair,

asnhnetwork

So your going to press an e-button on the radio on your agency talkgroup 100 plus mikes away to tell your dispatcher you have an emergency? Ok, I can hear the dispatcher now say, "Ok where are you ? What County is that town in?" They scramble to find that agency's emergency number (I don't think Cape May has Bergen on speed dial). Oh wait, Bergen doesn't dispatch Ridgewood, hang on let me transfer you. Dispatcher repeats again what's happening. OR, they can just dial 911, which would be quicker. Or I pick up my SPEN-1 radio and call the local agency myself, which I've done and works. Oh, and I never said program an e-button on StateCom. I was simply pointing out that there are talkgroups in existence that can be used for prearranged comms if needed that will cover outside a local area. And I know how to work my radios, just like I know how to run my guns, or be a pump operator, or set up a radio patch while entering a CAD incident, etc. TRAINING. Yeah, there are dummies in every profession. But don't lump us all in the "I don't know how to change zones" excuse.
Most phone consoles now have all the agencies speed dial programmed in at the dispatch desk for 911 related transfers when they call about Grandma across state as 3rd and 4th party concerned citizens so dispatch centers do have the phone numbers..

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I believe there are 70 different municipalities in Bergen County, 56 of them being small boros. I doubt Cape May has Oradell on speed dial. I can tell you that we had bordering counties, not ones across the State.

asnhnetwork

I believe there are 70 different municipalities in Bergen County, 56 of them being small boros. I doubt Cape May has Oradell on speed dial. I can tell you that we had bordering counties, not ones across the State.
Most Vesta systems I have seen have the complete State of NJ loaded up on them. They also have various New York State info up North.

N2NHL

I have a d130nj discone antenna no mayor what simulcast either wo PC un can not rec newark fd went deaf

Have you considered installing a pre-amp at the antenna side? I have a fairly crude cable TV amplifier that's pumping out abouy 7db of gain and because of it I can now receive UC Silmulcast with a couple of extra S-units on the scanner. Also, I can now hear the Alpine site again down here.

Also, I did a little experiment yesterday and took my SDS100 with stock antenna for a little drive. From the CVS in Midland Park on Godwin Ave, I can hear WO and PC Simulcast with no roblem. Ramapo and Alpine also seem to come in fine. Flash forward an hour to the train station in Lyndhurst, where I can still hear WO Simulcast, PC Simulcast, and Meadowlands site. So, you might want to check your Site frequencies in your radio to make sure those are up-to-date and have just the control and alternates programmed. Works fine for me.

Last edited:

Car95

Have you considered installing a pre-amp at the antenna side? I have a fairly crude cable TV amplifier that's pumping out abouy 7db of gain and because of it I can now receive UC Silmulcast with a couple of extra S-units on the scanner. Also, I can now hear the Alpine site again down here.
Will try and will let u know

Car95

Also, I did a little experiment yesterday and took my SDS100 with stock antenna for a little drive. From the CVS in Midland Park on Godwin Ave, I can hear WO and PC Simulcast with no roblem. Ramapo and Alpine also seem to come in fine. Flash forward an hour to the train station in Lyndhurst, where I can still hear WO Simulcast, PC Simulcast, and Meadowlands site. So, you might want to check your Site frequencies in your radio to make sure those are up-to-date and have just the control and alternates programmed. Works fine for me.
Tried the amp did not work don't not were to go

NParkNJ

On the Road
This thread has strayed way off topic. The Ramapo site has just switched over to the Passaic cell. I think this thread has run its course.

Thanks for the update GTR. Didn’t have a chance to listen yet today.
Will be interesting to now have Montclair, Little Falls, and WPU full-time. For context, I was 95% of the time only in range of Ramapo.

Status
Not open for further replies.