Rogers County P25

firechaser97

Are the new Rogers County talkgroups on the BA site? Not sure I can reach the Claremore site from Broken Arrow.
I was in Claremore monitoring site 6 and was receiving Jenks PD and Wagoner County Sheriff’s Office. that was interesting. later that day I got home back to Tulsa and switched the site back to BA and was getting talk-groups in the 10000s, the BACRN is a nice set up, it makes it so that any agency can be any where in the metro and still have communications with one another.

Bustergrn

I set up an OP25 instance for BACRN on the BA Site yesterday. Wagoner County is pretty consistent and really one of the only TGs in the clear. Its frustrating to say the least. I am seeing the new Rogers County TGs activate but they're all encrypted. Seems rather stupid to encrypt a volunteer fire district dispatch channel. Limits the volunteer's ability to monitor other than their issued pagers/radios.

Also, the RRDB indicates 854.1375 as CC for the BA site. Today the BA site is currently running CC on 854.0375. **Pay no attention to the 'Unencrypted' notation. I assure you BAPD is encrypted.

1641225507752.png

Last edited:

firechaser97

I set up an OP25 instance for BACRN on the BA Site yesterday. Wagoner County is pretty consistent and really one of the only TGs in the clear. Its frustrating to say the least. I am seeing the new Rogers County TGs activate but they're all encrypted. Seems rather stupid to encrypt a volunteer fire district dispatch channel. Limits the volunteer's ability to monitor other than their issued pagers/radios.

Also, the RRDB indicates 854.1375 as CC for the BA site. Today the BA site is currently running CC on 854.0375. **Pay no attention to the 'Unencrypted' notation. I assure you BAPD is encrypted.

View attachment 114520
Nice. I agree. this a Harris system, the CC within a site changes from time to time.

broken arrow fire is encrypted Ø too [AES secure]. it’s to leave the people out to say the least. I’ve listened to them before. the dispatch to fire units is just like any other fire department. they give the address, type of emergency, map page number.

sometimes people think that it’s the EMS side. it’s not that. BA city council wants the town to be lawsuit free 👌🏽 that was told to me by a Broken Arrow Firefighter.

I’ll be in Rogers County more often to monitor for new talk-groups. so far Claremore FD and Verdigris FD are in the clear. I imagine other volunteer fire departments are in the clear it’s just so quiet for them to get a call that we don’t catch it on the system.

Bustergrn

BA's an equal opportunity encrypt-or... the trash trucks and school buses are locked up too. LoL!

I'm seeing several Fire departments come up but no audio. OP25 shows they're encrypted. Chelsea Fire, Verdigris FD. Rogers Co SO is locked up. Seeing several unknown TGs as well, all encrypted according to OP25. I'm decoding with a single RDL-SDR dongle which may be responsible for the lack of audio. Still, OP25 tags these as encrypted. I'll connect a 2nd dongle and see if I get any change. This is all off the BA site.

WG5Z

Hello all. Just joined the forum and am looking for some help. I have been reading this thread to understand what is happening in Rogers Co. public safety radio systems. I live just outside Inola moving here a few years ago and had been listening to IPD and FD on a simple analog scanner. I noticed a few weeks ago there was a tech working on the two tone FD alert system so I assumed they got a new base station or repeater. Sometime after that I realized I was no longer hearing the PD just FD traffic. This is what started me searching RadioReference to figure out where the PD moved to. This led me to this thread about the RC P25 system and how agencies are moving to it. I am assuming that this is likely where IPD moved to but can find no info in the FCC database about a license for them to confirm that. If anyone can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated. If in fact they have moved to the P25 system, then I will have several questions about what I will need to upgrade to so I can start monitoring again.

Just a little personal information about me, I have my extra class ham license as you can tell by my username. I used to work in the land mobile radio industry in the late 70's and 80's and held an now irrelevant FCC 2nd class radiotelephone license. I got out of the industry when the FCC stopped requiring them seeing the handwriting on the wall that the pay scale would start falling for techs to work on the equipment. At one point I worked for the Motorola shop in Tulsa and actually installed the first 800 mhz 5 channel trunking system for the city. That has been quite a while ago and having left that industry and moving into computing services I have not kept up with the advances in the technology so many of the terms you guys are using here are unknown to me.

Thanks in advance
DanL

nd5y

I am assuming that this is likely where IPD moved to but can find no info in the FCC database about a license for them to confirm that.
If they moved to a county, state, etc. trunked system then they are operating under that entity's license and you won't see any FCC applications.

nd5y

Ok got that. In this link FCC Callsign WREC498 (ROGERS, COUNTY OF) two other towns are listed under the RC license, but that was back in Oct. Would there be an updated list of towns using the system?
No. Trunked system subscribers/end users aren't individually licensed. The FCC doesn't care if a trunked system licensee allows other users on their system. Chelsea and Claremore just the transmitter locations. That doesn't mean those towns use the system.

The license link you posted is part of this trunked system:
If your town starts using the system somebody will eventually find their talkgroups and submit the information to the database page linked above. That could take a long time.

The only way to know immediately if your town is using the system is to ask them or monitor the system yourself and see if you hear them.

WG5Z

Guess I'll have to do some asking around see if anyone in the PD will tell me what system they are on. I don't want to by a new digital scanner only to find out if they are on the RC system and if so are they encrypted.

Bustergrn

Rogers County is on BACRN. Several unknown encrypted TGs seen this week on the BA site along with Rogers County and Claremore PD, also both encrypted. I wouldn't recommend a >$700 Phase II scanner for Rogers County. All RC LE is encrypted best I can tell listening this week. Fire is in the clear, for now.

WG5Z

Rogers County is on BACRN. Several unknown encrypted TGs seen this week on the BA site along with Rogers County and Claremore PD, also both encrypted. I wouldn't recommend a >$700 Phase II scanner for Rogers County. All RC LE is encrypted best I can tell listening this week. Fire is in the clear, for now.
I was afraid that was the likely case. If I were to get a basic trunk tracking scanner, is there a list of operators that have unencrypted traffic in this area?

nd5y

is there a list of operators that have unencrypted traffic in this area?
Look in the database.
Look at the Mode column for each conventional channel or trunked talkgroup.
Modes ending in E or e indicate full or partial/selectable encryption.
Hover the mouse cursor over the Mode column heading for a list of the other items.

Rememeber that all the data is submitted by users and may not be accurate or current.

Bustergrn

I was afraid that was the likely case. If I were to get a basic trunk tracking scanner, is there a list of operators that have unencrypted traffic in this area?
OKWIN is mostly in the clear on dispatch channels. Simulcast will be an issue for a scanner. I have a BCD996XT that chokes on the simulcast pretty bad. I use SDR, RasPi 4 and OP25 for OKWIN (and BACRN). $150 invested rather than $700 Unication or SDS100.

AJ5W

Premium Subscriber
I heard Verdigris FD yesterday afternoon (BA site) on TG 10050.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Being encrypted prevents you getting in trouble from your listening public, but not from your listening peers as RCSO calls out Inola PD chief for unruly radio traffic.

Bustergrn

Being encrypted prevents you getting in trouble from your listening public, but not from your listening peers as RCSO calls out Inola PD chief for unruly radio traffic.

I read that this morning too. We'd be able to back up his claims if we were able to listen along. :LOL:

camelid

I read that this morning too. We'd be able to back up his claims if we were able to listen along. :LOL:
I think it’s a really bad move, from a police operations transparency perspective to have Inola (or RCSO for that matter) running encryption for normal operations. Apparently it’s also a bad move from a civility perspective, since they can treat the dispatch channels like private phone lines. We’d never have heard about the cussing out the 911 dispatcher if it wasn’t for the fact that an outside organization was involved, it would have been either ignored or hushed up. This is what lack of transparency leads to, alas. I mainly miss having any clue as to local happenings, since news coverage is practically nonexistant outside of Tulsa or Broken Arrow. Best to keep everyone in the dark, because reasons. Think it’s maybe time to have a talk with the officials who protect us.

Bustergrn

I'm rather curious about how this ended up in the media. I mean, none of us and, presumably, the media can listen. So, who is tattling on the Inola Chief and what do they expect to happen? The public isn't listening anymore. Nor can they. Handle your business on your private radio channel. Leave us out of it.