Question about Monitoring Kleberg County System?

scanthewaves

My understanding is that the Kleberg County system is Pro Voice, so if I don’t have the Pro Voice upgrade I can’t monitor it, if it unencrypted I would imagine I could monitor EDACS with a SDR and Unitrunker, but from what I can see Provoice is not included. It’s also a simulcast system so it’s kind of a hit and miss With my 436hp, also how close would I have to be to the transmitter? Are there any Kleberg conventional frequencies active?

ralexander5

Premium Subscriber
Kleberg County migrated from EDACS to a P25 P1 system several years ago. Although the database shows it as simulcast I do not believe that is so as the transmitter sites are very close together. I'm 50 miles north and can receive them most of the time but I have a yagi pointed in that general direction 40 ft up. Driving through area I can easily pick them up within 20 miles of Kingsville.

scanthewaves

Kleberg County migrated from EDACS to a P25 P1 system several years ago. Although the database shows it as simulcast I do not believe that is so as the transmitter sites are very close together. I'm 50 miles north and can receive them most of the time but I have a yagi pointed in that general direction 40 ft up. Driving through area I can easily pick them up within 20 miles of Kingsville.
I see, so I take it you have pro voice capable equipment?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I see, so I take it you have pro voice capable equipment?
What he is saying is that Kleberg and Kingsville are not using EDACS, and thereby no ProVoice. They are on this P25 system now and your 436 will pick them up out of the box just fine. The only ProVoice in your area is Harbor/Port Police and Ops and some tactical Nueces SO/CCPD talkgroups on their EDACS system. That system’s days are numbered so it may or may not be worth the upgrade for you.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
You can check the following conventional frequencies and please submit if they are active:

155.0625 Repeater - Kingsville Fire (DMR License)
153.020 Repeater - Kingsville ISD
154.515 Base - Kingsville ISD
155.730 Repeater - Kingsville PD
154.220 Repeater - Kingsville Fire
153.755 Repeater - Kingsville Public Works
154.875 Repeater - Kingsville Sheriff
155.295 Repeater - Kleberg Fire District
154.340 Base - Kleberg Co Fire District
154.115 Repeater - Kleberg Co Roads?
155.655 Repeater - TAMUK Police (may still have a use)
464.650 Base - TAMUK Operations
155.8875 Repeater - DPS Riviera Tower
151.1225 Repeater TXDOT Kingsville