W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
NWCTPS covers both litchfield and new haven counties, as well as providing CMED services in fairfield county as well. My guess to why it is considered a Litchfield County talkgroup would be that it's primary site is troop L simulcast, but that's just a guess.
If they do cover multiple counties, I can separate them out. They were submitted as being in Litchfield county. HOWEVER,
the DB here only allows me to "assign" them to one county at a time, or Systemwide. I can set the geographic range to cover the two counties, but the default will be Litchfield.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
If they do cover multiple counties, I can separate them out. They were submitted as being in Litchfield county. HOWEVER,
the DB here only allows me to "assign" them to one county at a time, or Systemwide. I can set the geographic range to cover the two counties, but the default will be Litchfield.
It doesn’t make any difference to me, but what about a “psap talkgroup” category and/or “lcd talkgroups” “nwctps talkgroups” “ valley shore talkgroups” etc

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
NWCTPS covers both litchfield and new haven counties, as well as providing CMED services in fairfield county as well. My guess to why it is considered a Litchfield County talkgroup would be that it's primary site is troop L simulcast, but that's just a guess.

There area already some CMED channels on the system, and likely will be more in the future.
Don't forget a couple towns in upper Fairfield county for C-MED purposes as well.

scottb908

Feed Provider
This is a pretty long thread so not sure if it was answered already. Seeing a bunch of unknown ID's on my calls feed. Anyone know what they are?Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 5.14.01 PM.png

This is a pretty long thread so not sure if it was answered already. Seeing a bunch of unknown ID's on my calls feed. Anyone know what they are?View attachment 116845
The 65xxx are Dynamic talk groups which change regularly. They are not assigned to anyone.

The 912 is unknown and I never hear any voice traffic on it.

The 20912 is a town using CLMRN

There is a formula for figuring out who by Town Tax code.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound

Reconrider

The 65xxx are Dynamic talk groups which change regularly. They are not assigned to anyone.

The 912 is unknown and I never hear any voice traffic on it.

The 20912 is a town using CLMRN

There is a formula for figuring out who by Town Tax code.
I used to have the town tax code formula saved but I had to reformat my computer after a bad ssd.
Can you tell me the formula? Thanks

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
…not if they change regularly or are only temporary… and the system is watched pretty closely and updated as necessary by the admins after they have vetted submissions.

Shockwavrider

So I was having trouble with picking up (like DEAF!!!) a number of Troops with a recent reprogramming of the scanner and appending from full Sentinel DB.
When I looked under the individual sites to eliminate all but Control and Alternate Control channels and x-ref's with RR DB I found quite a few frequencies that were incorrect. These frequencies all ended in zeros and should have ended in 5 for example the Sentinel download had them as xxx.yyy0 when they should have been xxx.yyy5.

Suddenly what had appeared to be a deaf scanner on a number of the Troop Simulcast and other sites brough them baclk to life.

Just a heads up if you are experiencing simlar problems if you updated from Sentienl DB and did not x-ref from RR.

Cheeseburgers

So I was having trouble with picking up (like DEAF!!!) a number of Troops with a recent reprogramming of the scanner and appending from full Sentinel DB.
When I looked under the individual sites to eliminate all but Control and Alternate Control channels and x-ref's with RR DB I found quite a few frequencies that were incorrect. These frequencies all ended in zeros and should have ended in 5 for example the Sentinel download had them as xxx.yyy0 when they should have been xxx.yyy5.

Suddenly what had appeared to be a deaf scanner on a number of the Troop Simulcast and other sites brough them baclk to life.

Just a heads up if you are experiencing simlar problems if you updated from Sentienl DB and did not x-ref from RR.
I think this is a sentinel problem, because it used to this on the old SmartZone system iirc