Phone app for listening to public service

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ns

Hi all,

My wife and I just got 2 new smart phones--We finally joined the 21st century. We had 2 flip phones since 2003. What app do you guys use to listen to police, fire, etc. ??? I googled "phone app for radio scanning" and came up with at least 20 different apps. Which ones do you consider the best ???

RON....K2NS

Reconrider

Download them all.
Use them all.
Delete all the other ones that you DON'T like and keep one or two that you like.

Everyone likes different things.
Search "police scanner" in the app store and you should find a ton of free ones.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Scanner Radio Pro By Gordon Edwards. It's an app, that can be downloaded on Apple or Android. It's far better than any other app because if the feed has a right and a left you can control the volume of each.

The only thing I wish they would add is support for B Calls, But other than that it's a solid app.

b18c_ej8

Feed Provider
Scanner Radio Pro By Gordon Edwards. It's an app, that can be downloaded on Apple or Android. It's far better than any other app because if the feed has a right and a left you can control the volume of each.

I got this version as well. I like the fact that the (paid) Pro version allows you to create a widget on your home screen that automatically launches a favorite feed.

Also - He has top notch tech support. Responds after hours and on weekends if needed.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I use Proscan to stream audio from my own scanners to its web interface. You can stream and control your scanner(s) remotely, this way you're not at a stream provider's mercy, especially during a big event where you may only want to hear a channel/talkgroup or two and nothing else. Easily accessible by any device with a web browser & an internet connection no matter where you are. Don't need to worry about other 3rd party users hogging up your bandwidth if you don't share the stream URL with anyone else.

ltginrage

Scanner Radio Pro.
I use this daily and its great, even though there are some minor downsides to it.

Last edited:

bamx2

Premium Subscriber
Is there any apps that have support for B Calls yet? I did a search and didn't see anything at first glance.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I've been using Scanner Radio Pro for probably a decade now. It's a great app that is constantly updated. I've tried others but always go back to it.

The user interface on Broadcastify's app leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. It looks like something from 2003 but it does work fine.

a417

I prefer to use VLC and my VPN to listen when out of the house. Not too much of a fan of the local streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.