OASIS bleed over

Status
Not open for further replies.

prowisscan

Greetings. While I was monitoring OASIS today, I monitored something new for me. During a transmission on TG 1033 (Franklin PD), I heard a partial transmission from one of the transit talk groups. This was also heard by the dispatcher for Franklin as the dispatcher said to the mobile unit, "stand by, we are getting some bleed over from another station".
Just curious of what causes this and how often, what is the remedy? I've seen this before, but never heard it confirmed by an actual user of the system.

Tim

Feed Provider
I use to hear that ALOT on the old Milwaukee County smartzone system in the last few years of it's life . When I first heard it I thought it was my radio's fault, but then I started hearing dispatchers & officers complain about it ("Did you hear that last radio transmission about a fare dispute or something").

Tim

ecps92

without knowing their back-haul between sites etc

I can only advise/relate my statewide Analog "M" TRS would experience the same issue
during a band opening that impacted the microwave links, causing that similar type of issue

From a Scanner side hard for any of us to know how/why
Greetings. While I was monitoring OASIS today, I monitored something new for me. During a transmission on TG 1033 (Franklin PD), I heard a partial transmission from one of the transit talk groups. This was also heard by the dispatcher for Franklin as the dispatcher said to the mobile unit, "stand by, we are getting some bleed over from another station".
Just curious of what causes this and how often, what is the remedy? I've seen this before, but never heard it confirmed by an actual user of the system.

prowisscan

I use to hear that ALOT on the old Milwaukee County smartzone system in the last few years of it's life . When I first heard it I thought it was my radio's fault, but then I started hearing dispatchers & officers complain about it ("Did you hear that last radio transmission about a fare dispute or something").

Tim

Your right. All the other times that I've seen this was on the old system, it was always from the transit talk groups. This is the first time that I've seen this on OASIS.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Sounds like high power mobiles saturating the receiver to me. Maybe the transit people got new subscribers and set them to high power as opposed to whatever the system really needs (especially if the system or specific site was designed for portable coverage). But that's just a guess.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like high power mobiles saturating the receiver to me. Maybe the transit people got new subscribers and set them to high power as opposed to whatever the system really needs (especially if the system or specific site was designed for portable coverage). But that's just a guess.
Yep, it is RF related... will be remedied in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.