Story County Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
I still need to get up to Ames. Play with my SDR a little. Sounds like a mess.

I noticed that Ames dispatch is in the database as TE. Did they go full channel encrypted?

as far as I can tell their main dispatch channel is

IARescue1

Feed Provider
Hey all. I have the Broadcastify feeds going specific for city and rural fire/EMS. Does anyone know why I am missing transmissions? The blacklisted alias is so I am only uploading and recording the few talk groups I want. It seems like some transmissions are not getting an alias assigned appropriately, or sdrtrunk is missing that part. The highlighted transmission was a dispatch on county fire ops, but it got blacklisted because it wasn’t showing that alias. Any ideas?

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
How many dongles r u using? The highest frequency for the cell is just outside of what one dongle can scan. What r u comparing to to know u r missing transmissions? I was the one that ran the feed before n it seemed like some things just entirely fell thru even using multiple dongles n I never figured it out. Maybe one of 20 or 30 transmissions just never came thru.

What r the computer specs? I had better luck switching from an old i3 optiplex 390 to a custom built tower with an i5 4670k. The optiplex routinely got overwhelmed decoding two sites. I send 4 sites to bcalls on the i5 and it seems to hold its own. Also if u r not using the waterfall spectrum display turn it off I noticed a pretty good size improvement to the efficiency doing that

On a complete unrelated side note. Anyone have any thoughts on city of Nevada water dept using ISICS? At some point I tracked two tgids to something that sounded like that. The tgids are in the unidentified tgids wiki for ISICS.

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
My other thought is with sdrtrunk, I never blacklisted/blocked any tgids, I just chose the ones I wanted to send in the Streaming tab. Not entirely sure I understand what u mean by that - sorry!

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider

TJK50010

Feed Provider
Yeah, antenna placement was the most difficult. I had to find a nice window with open view to the tower, and I even drilled a hole in the wall to get line of site for one of the pcs. I also got a short USB extension, due to the weight, easy to bump the SDR while plugged into the pc. 51RcVevGFpL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

IARescue1

Feed Provider
Thanks guys. As a response, I knew I was missing some transmissions because I can hear them live from my radio, which belongs to an agency I am legally distinguishing myself from here 😃.
I was using a 15 year old computer that died a few days ago because of how hard I was running it lol. We are back up today with a new one and it seems to have helped. 2 dongles, and I live half a mile from a storycomm tower.

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
anyone have any thoughts as far as the Iowa State University non-public safety channels work? I've identified maybe half a dozen as ISU Dept of Residence maintenance by associating user/radio IDs but have no idea how I would figure out if the channels have specific uses. Waiting to submit to database because of that and since they are probably not high-interest enough to just be "ISU DOR"

Status
Not open for further replies.