norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Does anyone know what happened to this CLMRN monitoring site, and if it's coming back? http://198.98.62.249/talkgroups
Google cache'd pages here: clmrn site:198.98.62.249/ - Google Search

I stumbled on it in google search. Let you monitor CLMRN and see talkgroups active. Had a real basic layout like the attached. No idea who's behind it, just seemed like a cool hobby project. Wondering if it's dead or an alternative exists?

CALLS has everything and it's combined from all (CALLS) feed providers.

Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN)

Talkgroups Seen in the past 24 Hours - Times are in CT

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 17-42-05 Talkgroups Seen on System Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Netw...png

jabbeaux

Yeah just use CALLS. Broadcastify Calls
Whoa this is awesome, thank you! I did not know it existed. Sadly, does not have Troop G or Stamford's site. I was hoping to see when Norwalk or Rowayton Fire or New Canaan or Westport talkgroups pop up on the system. Sadly, it appears will miss talkgroups if the sites where the talkgroups live (or are being tested) aren't monitored. For example, Troop G dispatch is nowhere to be seen but they're active right now.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Whoa this is awesome, thank you! I did not know it existed. Sadly, does not have Troop G or Stamford's site. I was hoping to see when Norwalk or Rowayton Fire or New Canaan or Westport talkgroups pop up on the system. Sadly, it appears will miss talkgroups if the sites where the talkgroups live (or are being tested) aren't monitored. For example, Troop G dispatch is nowhere to be seen but they're active right now.

Yup, it's all volunteer feeds. You get what you get. Feed providers don't profit, they pay internet and power bills for a hobby while some people complain lol. (I'm not talking about you.)

We gotta be thankful for what we can hear now. I heard the plan is to one day nationalize the police and force flip the E switch nationwide. But anyway here is the list of every CLMRN talkgroup received. The Troop G guy is on and off all the time.

jabbeaux

Check again, G is back up. Windows update took it out and I didn’t notice.
Thanks boss! I was about to volunteer to look into providing that feed. Are you also feed provider for Stamford's site, or do we need one? Edit: from the looks of it, you've got that covered too. Niiiice! My sincere appreciation, I owe you a beer.

Reconrider

Thanks boss! I was about to volunteer to look into providing that feed. Are you also feed provider for Stamford's site, or do we need one? Edit: from the looks of it, you've got that covered too. Niiiice! My sincere appreciation, I owe you a beer.
Feeding is actually really easy. Need a moderately good computer, 2 cheap rtlsdr dongles by rtlsdr blog on amazon(antenna kit is best choice for about 40/ea) then sdrtrunk which is free. Setup Clmrn site you wish to stream then apply for bcall feed and get the info needed in 2 days.

y10kiscoming

Premium Subscriber
I stumbled on it in google search. Let you monitor CLMRN and see talkgroups active. Had a real basic layout like the attached. No idea who's behind it, just seemed like a cool hobby project. Wondering if it's dead or an alternative exists?

FWIW, the software is called trunk-player: GitHub - ScanOC/trunk-player: Trunk Player - Python Django project to play back recorded radio transmissions used on site

It pairs with trunk-recorder (which is also supposed by Calls).

msingewald

Premium Subscriber

I do not have the Stamford site, but any of the talk groups that roam onto the G site you will hear. Fire Dispatch seems to always be there. None of the fireground or Tac channels would probably come up though.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I heard QV testing with patches to UHF 460 and 453. I then heard it used for a call. Could not write the TG IDs down as I was driving.

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
I can't wait when everyone is on the system and there is a serious incident and the state locks them out. But that's what happens when the people in key positions don't know what to do.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
FYI: I am hearing QV on CLMRN on Discovery Trunk and it is TGID # 8751 and TGID# 8750. I hear 33.80, 33.88, 33.90, 460.600 and 453.3750. This is great as I hear all mobile units no matter how far they are. Now I need to know how I can set this TGID as a favored key. It uses frequency 853.7500 most of the time.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I'd love to read the logic behind his comment.
Only think I can think of of is busy signals if you have, say, a major storm come thru part of the state and you have multiple local PD, FD, CSP, etc. all in one area trying to talk at once.

PhillyPhoto

Only think I can think of of is busy signals if you have, say, a major storm come thru part of the state and you have multiple local PD, FD, CSP, etc. all in one area trying to talk at once.

How do you size your system for “the big one”? This is another case where precise analysis goes beyond the scope of this guide, but we can offer some helpful guidelines for major events. The guidelines are appropriate for planned events such as sports events and conventions or crime emergencies and natural disaster

The simple rule of thumb is that, for major emergencies the capacity should be roughly three times of your normal weekly busy hour.

Sizing your network for major events (page 26)