What is uniden charging these days [for replacement control knobs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Model​
Repair Available​
Repair Price​
With US Shipping​
With CANADA Shipping​
A1-BCD536HP
Yes​
BCD536HP
Yes​
$79.95​
$89.95
$94.95

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
anyone had a unit in for repair recently, and can report on turnaround times? I've got 3 536HPs with the dead backlight! Considering sending in all three at once, but worry about if the shipment gets lost or misrouted or whatever the gremlins can do, I am seriously SOL!!!

Grumpy436

anyone had a unit in for repair recently, and can report on turnaround times? I've got 3 536HPs with the dead backlight! Considering sending in all three at once, but worry about if the shipment gets lost or misrouted or whatever the gremlins can do, I am seriously SOL!!!
I sent my 436hp by USPS for dim screen and real time battery issue on May 6. Uniden sent it out to me on May 19 for delivery on May 22. However, FEDEX delivered it to the wrong address on May 22. I Paid $89.95 for the repair and got nothing for my money, and I sit here with no radio.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Have you complained to FedEx? Uniden may have to make the actual complaint since they were the shipper. And, of course, did Uniden insure the package?

Grumpy436

Have you complained to FedEx? Uniden may have to make the actual complaint since they were the shipper. And, of course, did Uniden insure the package?
I did notify FEDEX, they called me on May 27 and said they were looking into it. I called Uniden, told them FEDEX never delivered, they told me there was no insurance on the package. Uniden sent me an affidavit to fill out and send back. With no insurance, it looks like FEDEX will only pay $100. I'm out about $625.

MStep

I sent my 436hp by USPS for dim screen and real time battery issue on May 6. Uniden sent it out to me on May 19 for delivery on May 22. However, FEDEX delivered it to the wrong address on May 22. I Paid $89.95 for the repair and got nothing for my money, and I sit here with no radio.

If you have the tracking number, you can also file a complaint with FedEx for a package shown as delivered, but never received. If you are in the United States, FedEx is just a call away:

1 (800) 463-3339

Have the tracking number available for the agent and that will start the tracking process.

Grumpy436

If you have the tracking number, you can also file a complaint with FedEx for a package shown as delivered, but never received. If you are in the United States, FedEx is just a call away:

1 (800) 463-3339

Have the tracking number available for the agent and that will start the tracking process.
I did that. They called me on May 27 and said they were looking into it.

Ubbe

It's Unidens responsibility to deliver the scanner to you and they have to make the complaint. The shipment you did worked fine and you did nothing wrong and should not need to chase FedEx, it's Uniden that should do that. FedEx and Uniden must come to an agreement on how to compensate you.

/Ubbe

Grumpy436

It's Unidens responsibility to deliver the scanner to you and they have to make the complaint. The shipment you did worked fine and you did nothing wrong and should not need to chase FedEx, it's Uniden that should do that. FedEx and Uniden must come to an agreement on how to compensate you.

/Ubbe
Update: After 2 weeks of chasing after FedEx, and FedEx telling me they could not locate the package and case closed, it finally popped up at the local FedEx facility. I went over and picked it up today. When this all started, Uniden did tell me that they would replace the radio if FedEx did lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.