EAM 311.0 real time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ind224

No, it was a message heard on 311.0 AM via radio. Never heard one on UHF before maybe satellite. Had I not been distracted by other things I would have checked 11.175 and 8992 for a simulcast. Edit: upon further review this looks to have been an uplink freq so now I'm really bummed I did not look for the downlink. :( My DPD is facing south towards Atterbury and Jefferson.

Last edited:

ind224

Ty, what is your method for mil spotting I'm not doing any "external" ADS-B type of my own yet, just what FR24 and FA provide.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
No, it was a message heard on 311.0 AM via radio. Never heard one on UHF before maybe satellite. Had I not been distracted by other things I would have checked 11.175 and 8992 for a simulcast. Edit: upon further review this looks to have been an uplink freq so now I'm really bummed I did not look for the downlink. :( My DPD is facing south towards Atterbury and Jefferson.

Regularly heard from E-6B for decades. Always simulcast with 323.8. Never satellite.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Good signal from my location in northwest Florida. Over the years I have heard EAM's on 311.0, 321.0, and 323.8. (and of course on HF)

Token

Ty, what is your method for mil spotting I'm not doing any "external" ADS-B type of my own yet, just what FR24 and FA provide.

About an hour 50 minutes after you posted I saw the post, I went to ADSB Exchange ( ADS-B Exchange - tracking thousands of aircraft ), filtered for mil aircraft, and saw that LAZER 18 was just south of Indianapolis. Also, looking at the track it had passed about 20 miles north of Indianapolis roughly 10 minutes before your post.

There was no E-6B around the area at the time, but an E-4B is a probable source also, so that is why I suggested it. By the way, the same aircraft (same tail number) is flying as BLAZR 19 today, I wonder if they meant to be BLAZR yesterday and typoed?

T!

ind224

Thanks!! I've always wanted to see the return path to Ft Wayne after a mission at R-3401 and the filtered sources don't cut it.
Should be handy for event flyovers as well.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I've been recently hearing frequent non-EAM traffic on 311.000 thanks to a new antenna positioned near a window. Is that traffic always from an Ex-B? I've never heard it this much before, i.e. I didn't think it was that common.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Ok that makes sense. It's always in conjunction it seems with AR originating from Pittsburgh, which I routinely hear and see. Thanks!

reconrider8

yea most times its just jabber to me but ive learned to listen for certain words liek the callsign or stuff. i do remember the refuelers calling Lighthouse while there and thats the frequency they were using. ive also heard it other places also the different fueling wings calling lighthouse

reconrider8

just dug this up from 2015 which would make sense..

"311.0 is a discrete (ie tanker to tanker) refueling freq. Used by the KC-135s of the PA ANG.
Brickyard Control/Ops is the 434th ARW at Grissom ARB, IN
311.0 is also used by tankers for Lighthouse Control/Raymond25, the Seymour Johnson CP."

Status
Not open for further replies.