• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Something interesting (and old) that I wound up with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I've been doing the gub'mint auction thing for the last year or so, and I wound up with something pretty interesting from one of the lots I bought last week. Not quite sure what it is, probably a mobile command post or emergency communications setup, but it's nicely done. There are the control heads, a handset and hanger, a footswitch (made in my hometown), a Motorola/Telex headset with thumbswitch, a couple of speakers, battery cables, and all the wiring, of course. No, the actual transcievers weren't among any of the various lots I purchased, unfortunately. Anyway, I believe the person who made it inscribed his name and date (5/9/91) on the board, but I've covered that up in the photos to respect the man's privacy, should he still be around. It's been in storage for 20 years at least, and the dust and dirt collected on it is a testament to that fact. So here are some pics and I hope you enjoy a walk down retro lane!

20220518_231125_49.jpg
20220518_231259_49.jpg
20220518_231303_49.jpg
20220518_231327_49.jpg
20220518_231337_49.jpg20220518_231414_49.jpg

Attachments

• 20220518_231319_49.jpg
    20220518_231319_49.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 114

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
That is a nice find! I think the connector looks Syntor like...The handset, speaker and a few other parts are definitely Syntor/Maratrac/Spectra line stuff.

Regards,

-Frank C.

com501

Wow, now I feel old. I was almost 10 years into my radio career in 1991. My stack in my truck at the time had 8 Sys 90 multi-button heads.

RFI-EMI-GUY

A "Q" series MEDCOM Medical Telemetry mobile radio. It is a MICOR based radio with gobs of features. It will transmit patient ECG telemetry from the ambulance and repeat patient ECG telemetry (and EMT comms) from a MEDCOM/APCOR radio outside the ambulance or in a building nearby. I agree probably a test board so that a Tech could check out the radio unit independent of the ambulance. Nice find. The drawer unit, or one compatible is probably on some barn somewhere.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Wow, now I feel old. I was almost 10 years into my radio career in 1991. My stack in my truck at the time had 8 Sys 90 multi-button heads.

I've seen some pretty ridiculous head stacks for the system 90. But what floored me was all the pretty colored connectors that you had to figure out what plugged where. And joy of stuffing them all through a 1 inch hole in a bulkhead for the install!

RFI-EMI-GUY

I still have a couple of those little stainless steel "keys" for removing the gold plated contacts from those connectors. Compared to now, those MICOR radios were stone age, but worked very well.

com501

One must have the bedsheet diagram to figure out all the option boxes and hookup. I managed to get a couple when the radios were still current. And yes, they fold out HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.