Unknown School Bus Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Was on my SDR today and I came across a weak DMR transmission at 453.801-ish. The signal became stronger as the afternoon progressed. It appears to be a school bus radio system. Checking through the FCC I found no licenses for a school bus company.
I can upload some audio recordings if needed. This occurred around 2:15pm today.
The frequency is still in use as of writing this post.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Do you have any other information such as Color Codes or Talkgroups?
That would be helpful.
Also the frequency would be 453.8000 or 453.80625

Blackink

That would be helpful.

Would those frequency ranges also be good for Vermont?

ecps92

First Student Transportation in/around the Derry Region
on the Expired School Dept license
Was on my SDR today and I came across a weak DMR transmission at 453.801-ish. The signal became stronger as the afternoon progressed. It appears to be a school bus radio system. Checking through the FCC I found no licenses for a school bus company.
I can upload some audio recordings if needed. This occurred around 2:15pm today.
The frequency is still in use as of writing this post.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Some folks like SDR, I don't. Hand me a traditional scanner with a search button any day. If you're very familiar with the FCC licensing and frequency allocations, then i suppose the cool features some offer are okay. Even my Uniden SDS is sub-par for false frequency imaging & lack of reception.

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Yep it was definitely Derry. Surprised they didn't renew their license when moving to DMR.
Thanks so much!

First Student Transportation in/around the Derry Region
on the Expired School Dept license

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Yeah SDR has its annoyances (such as the amount of plugins needed to do certain things). Ill take a regular scanner any day.

Some folks like SDR, I don't. Hand me a traditional scanner with a search button any day. If you're very familiar with the FCC licensing and frequency allocations, then i suppose the cool features some offer are okay. Even my Uniden SDS is sub-par for false frequency imaging & lack of reception.

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
That would be helpful.

Would those frequency ranges also be good for Vermont?

Yes it was 453.8. Wasn't able to get Color Code or talk group as my DSD plugin for that has never worked sadly.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Yep it was definitely Derry. Surprised they didn't renew their license when moving to DMR.
Thanks so much!
I'm not surprised

this one gets me going often in searching, I have to set the search to no limitations, expired licenses as well to dig around everywhere, because its too often these places get the license, and after 10 years never renew let alone bother to change the emissions https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/engineering_search.cfm?accessible=NO&wild_select=on

Status
Not open for further replies.