Ocean County P25 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Uniden Bearcat BCD996P2

OC 700 is a P25 SIMULCAST trunk system.

Extremely well documented here on radio reference….the only reliable receivers of P25 simulcast systems are Uniden SDS100, SDS200, Unication G5, and computer SDRs.
All else extremely hit and miss (example BCD996P2)
Last summer in Long Beach Twp, near Beach Haven with my SDS100, I picked up OC 700 no problem at all.

Last edited:

Pulz8

Premium Subscriber
Ah bummer, you think buying a larger antenna to put outside on my deck would improve my reception?

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Ah bummer, you think buying a larger antenna to put outside on my deck would improve my reception?
If you have a 996P2, better reception is worse. I had the same problem, I was able to get the OC 700 TRS a little using a paperclip. I would up buying a SDS 100 and 2 SDS 200's and they work great on that system. Keek the 996P2 for the conventional systems, i's better than the SDS for those systems.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Just to reiterate what RadioChief55 said, bigger antenna might make digital trunk P2 worse. Still keep your 996 scanner because it has superior reception on all conventional vs the best reception receivers of P2 digital trunk… which are Uniden SDS100, SDS200, Unication G5, and computer SDRs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.