• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Code Plug for NX5800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert721

Does anyone have a code plug for NX5800/5700 they would be willing to share? Basically to use a learning tool.

Thanks

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
What are you looking to accomplish? You don't need a codeplug to get into D1N and start digging into the features you want.

Robert721

What are you looking to accomplish? You don't need a codeplug to get into D1N and start digging into the features you want.
I am coming from Motorola Software and typical HAM software like RT systems. so yes Sir it is a learning curve.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
Which modes are you looking at? I have a NX-5300 codeplug with P25 & NXDN. I don't have anything trunking/OTAP/LLA, I only have conventional P25.

D1N closer to Astro25 than Mototrbo. I'm assuming you are looking into P25?

wd8chl

I am coming from Motorola Software and typical HAM software like RT systems. so yes Sir it is a learning curve.

You must unlearn what you have learned :c)
Moto software is about the worst. Most normal software allows you to create a new program file without having a radio to read from. And it also allows you to use that program on multiple radios, instead of it being tied to the serial number of the radio, which is quite stupid.

So you should be able to go up to Product information, select what model radio and features you have, and just start plugging stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.