TRX-2: TRX-2 help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdu123

Hi, I'm just getting used to my TRX-2 but need some help please.
I am using the EZ Scan software to key in all my frequencies but am having no joy with the Delay settings!
I've tried setting it at 10 seconds but only really achive about 2 seconds, also is there any way to stop the display from alternating between the frequency received and the scan lists being scanned? As when I receive a transmission and look to see whos it is, the scanner is already displaying the scan lists. I've dabbled with the blink times but just keep getting errors.
Thank you all :)

tvengr

Well Known Member
Under the Advanced Features tab of EZ Scan, you can select what is displayed on lines 3, 4, and 5 of the display. Where are you selecting the delay time?

Ubbe

As when I receive a transmission and look to see whos it is, the scanner is already displaying the scan lists. I've dabbled with the blink times but just keep getting errors.
If you select simple mode for the display, under General settings in EZ-Scan, it will only show the name tags and the display will not alternate to show the numbers. But if it shows the scanlist too soon then it's the Delay for each TG that needs to be increased, or the Time setting for a conventional frequency. I have both of them set to 10sec.

If you get errors for the blink times then something is wrong, if you keep them below 2.5sec
Perhaps there's some corruption with the files in EZ-Scan. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Whistler\ and rename the folder from "TRX-2" to "bad_TRX-2" and reinstall EZ-Scan and the first thing to do after the install are to try and change the blink settings to see that it works ok without getting errors.

/Ubbe

Kdu123

If you select simple mode for the display, under General settings in EZ-Scan, it will only show the name tags and the display will not alternate to show the numbers. But if it shows the scanlist too soon then it's the Delay for each TG that needs to be increased, or the Time setting for a conventional frequency. I have both of them set to 10sec.

If you get errors for the blink times then something is wrong, if you keep them below 2.5sec
Perhaps there's some corruption with the files in EZ-Scan. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Whistler\ and rename the folder from "TRX-2" to "bad_TRX-2" and reinstall EZ-Scan and the first thing to do after the install are to try and change the blink settings to see that it works ok without getting errors.

/Ubbe
Thank you Ubbe, I will try that now and let you know how I get on :)

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you select simple mode for the display, under General settings in EZ-Scan, it will only show the name tags and the display will not alternate to show the numbers.
Thanks Ubbe! I forgot about that one. My WS1080 display is set to Simple and doesn't alternate.

K6TTD

Premium Subscriber
HELP! My Scan List Tags / Labels entered in EZ-Scan CPS don't transfer to my TRX-2. The only way I have found to get a scan list name to show is to manually enter it via the scanner buttons. I have over 50 scan lists and growing ... entering the tags manually is driving me insane. What am I doing wrong??

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you program the scan lists, they need to be enabled. Otherwise, they will not scan unless enabled using the keypad on the scanner. Each scan list can be toggled on and off using the keypad. You also need a Scan Set enabled which contains the scan lists you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.