New Uniden BCD996P2

NDscannerguy

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I’ve had lots of scanners over the years, but decided to upgrade to hear more from the Bismarck area. I’ve tried so many ways to get this programmed I’m using pro-scan using there 30 day try. But I’m having no luck, I get Metro and Air-Med 3. can somebody give me so help or direction to get the State inter-operable network or what ever. I’ve been told fire is now available and not scrabbled.

Thanks,
John

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a ProScan file for you to try. It has the SIRN statewide system for Burleigh County. The second file will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. It appears that the new SIRN system is a work in progress. None of the control channel frequencies for the sites have been identified yet in the database. I programmed all of the frequencies currently listed. I suspect that more frequencies are coming. Hopefully, the control channels are included in the current list. When you first program the scanner, all 4 sites will be scanning. The SIRN Bismarck site is the one closest to you and is on system quick key 1. You can turn off the other 3 sites by pressing 2, 3, and 4 on the keypad. Let me know if you need any help with the conventional frequencies. I would use system quick key 5 for the conventional system. Save the attached file to your computer and Open with ProScan. Click on Upload to Scanner. Select Delete All Systems Before Sending prior to clicking on Upload. That will erase anything already in the scanner. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. SIRN Bismarck (Site)
2. SIRN Arnold (Site)
3. SIRN Wilton (Site)
4. SIRN Wing (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. Burl Co Misc
2. Bismarck Misc
3. Burl Co Mut Aid
4. Burl Co FD/EMS
5. Burl Co EMS/Hosp
6. Bismarck FD/EMS
7. Mandan FD/EMS

Attachments

• Burleigh Co ND.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 12

NDscannerguy

Premium Subscriber
HI,

Just got your reply thanks, I'm kind of laid up right now with a broken shoulder, not sure on the text file ands its meaning? but i will read the other document to see if it makes sense.

Thanks,
John

NDscannerguy

Premium Subscriber
Just tried to upload the information to the scanner I get on the scanner’s screen “Scan Mode”, below it “nothing to scan” looking at the info shows it looks the the correct data

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. You may encounter an issue well documented on these forums known as simulcast distortion when trying to listen to the Bismarck sites with a non-SDS series scanner. Also those talkgroups in the database ID'ed as mode "TE" are fully encrypted and therefore cannot be tracked by any receiver (all of the Bismarck PD talkgroups)

tvengr

Well Known Member
Whiskey3JMC, can you please take a look at my file and see if you can find any problems? Thanks! That is actually the first time I created a ProScan file from scratch. I usually use ARC-XT to program my BCD996P2 and then download into ProScan to convert it.

NDscannerguy

Premium Subscriber
I think I got it! After re-reading the instructions a few times got it all loaded and more. The scanner and frequencies for the area are all working. My only question does it always sound like there in a tin can when talking?

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
I've programmed That system in scanners for multiple people, all you'll hear is fire and EMS, all LE will be DE!