Old (old) statewide point to point low band frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
The Vestal PD 155.31 transmitter is so close to my house that every transmission bleeds over onto 155.37 which has no PL so I've locked it out. I do remember when 155.37 was used by Broome to page NYSP cars due to our County Sheriff refusing to let NYSP transmit on the Sheriff channel. Must have been over 20 years ago.
Also after my post about 45.88 I remembered hearing Broome speaking with Tioga on that frequency. I may have locked it out of my desktop scanner with roof antenna and know I can't pick them up on the handhelds I use most of the time .

155.370 has a pl 110.9
Also, I believe Broome still "simulcasts" on IA for special notice/officers safety messages etc.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I have very rarely heard Broome County Communications communicate with Chenango County on 45.88 regarding mutual aid.

Also, I too grew up in the Ridgewood Saddle River area. 37.08 was used by the towns on the HoHokus to Mahwah Route 17 corridor, 37.38 by the Bergan County Police, 37.18 by the Rockland County PD's, and we called 37.10 the "garbage frequency" as it was used by local DPW's, local ambulance toneouts, and scattered PD's all over the region including several Westchester County towns (Mt Pleasant, ?Ossining), Saddle Brook/Rochelle Park/Lodi, and Millburn. When listening to 37.08 with tunable VHF radios in the pre-scanner days, transmissions on nearby 37mhz frequencies would bleed over, allowing you to monitor addition departments, whether you wanted to or not.
I loved the "old days" of the low band coms in the N Jersey/Rockland County Area. Before all the bad interference between 37 and 42 megahertz started, the coverage range of a 100 watt base station was pretty good, and the mobiles sporting the long spring loaded whip antennas! Don't forget the Westchester County PD's on 37.06. White Plains and all the ones you mentioned, also Nassau County on 37.14 and 37.04. The tunable radios let you hear them all at the same time!
I loved hearing the Bergen County PD alarms on 37.38, with all the tones preceding the transmission. I have a short MP3 of traffic on 37.38, but you cannot upload MP3's on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.