Questions answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmchalmers

Wouldn'tit be nice id Uniden an Sentinel had a source for Friendly responces for questions maybe Butel would be better

dmchalmers

It would be nice if when you ask a question on this website your not treated aa a Moron because you don't know all terminoligy or how things work! Uniden is the best BUT sentinel "radio ref" is not the best!

dmchalmers

A new user needs helpful hints not comments you need to learn your scanner ect. How does a novice learn Sentinel ? Alot of Premium members just figure you know everything

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
It would be nice if when you ask a question on this website your not treated aa a Moron because you don't know all terminoligy or how things work! Uniden is the best BUT sentinel "radio ref" is not the best!
If it bothers you, find another forum to fill your needs. Oh, wait! There isn't one. This one seems to cover almostd everything and covers it well

Personally, I feel this is an excellent source of information.

tvengr

Well Known Member
A new user needs helpful hints not comments you need to learn your scanner ect. How does a novice learn Sentinel ? Alot of Premium members just figure you know everything
If someone was rude to you, they were out of line. I enjoy being able to use my knowledge to help others. I know what it was like when I first started programming scanners. What can I do to help?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The problem is the same as all other "blind" forums. People are anonymous and there is little discouragement for being impolite. Yeah you can report things, but still. . .

On the other hand, sometimes you gotta overlook the small portion of bad posters and appreciate the respectful responses of the vast majority.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
dmchalmers, if you want someone to hold your hand and spoon feed you the information, this is not the place and perhaps your interests are misplaced. Most of the members of this forum are happy to help everyone but individuals are also expected to avail themselves of the volumes of information also on this site.

And what's this: " Personelly your type of people are the problem" I'm the type that expects you to do your part.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It would help to know which scanner you have. When you first install Sentinel, you need to go to the Tools tab and select the Target Model. If you have a BCD436HP or BCD536HP, select BCDx36HP. If you have a SDS100 or SDS200, select that scanner. Selecting the Target Model will make the settings available for the scanner you have.

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi @dmchalmers. One tip I can offer is this. The ProScan software which comes with a 30-day free trial then it is available for two licenses at just $50. I say “just $50” because it is feature packed to the brim and much better than Sentinel when it comes to programming these scanners:

ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

Do you have one of those scanners? One big plus is that the author of @ProScan, Bob, is a regular contributor here at Radio Reference. He even posted in this thread at post #8 for you to ask questions about Sentinel or the two referenced user guides.

Most of us are willing to help any way we can to bring new scanner users up-to-speed. Most of us remember what it was like when we were new to scanners and totally lost in a trunking environment. We try to pay forward so new users can come up-to-speed as fast as is possible. One day, you will probably be helping a new scanner user.

Sooooooo… Please don’t feel intimidated. And if somebody is rude to you, shrug it off and go to the next post. Don’t respond to rude comments. That can only lead to more strife.

@dmchalmers, I’m looking forward to seeing what questions you may have. So please, ask away…

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I'm the type that expects you to do your part.
Perhaps it would be helpful to the OP if you explain what his "part" is. Not everyone on this forum is a technical wizard and members will need varying degrees of help. But let's be mindful that we should do our part in helping to foster and encourage new hobbyists. We all want the hobby to grow, not decline.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You tube has a lot of videos that help an they don't give back rude comments. Sentenel is not beginner friendly
My whole point is if someone asks about something that their not up on, Give an answer they can figure out an not Treat them that Their "Wrong" not everyone is Digital savy yet. I have a Friend with a SDS-200 with the same issues learning, hes like me not a Dispatcher or a Former Military Radio OP
Wouldn'tit be nice id Uniden an Sentinel had a source for Friendly responces for questions maybe Butel would be better
Personelly your type of people are the problem

187 posts and you seem to complain often. Since we're all mean people, maybe find a new forum to complain on :LOL: :unsure:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Personelly your type of people are the problem

I would suggest that in the future, you call Uniden or the vendor that sold your scanner to you with your tech support problems as RadioReference isn’t serving your needs.

You could even try homepatrol.com if that forum still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.