• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G-5 reception issue on patched TG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Listening to my G5 and TRX-1, the TRX-1 is picking up a patch from one TG to another, but when the scanner shows "patched" my G5 sits silent. Both the TGs are programmed in and work fine when they are not patched.

Have the most current firmware and PPS.

Am I missing a setting?

mkinkade

Premium Subscriber
I recently saw a similar issue with a patched talkgroup on the OH MARCS system. My Uniden scanner was receiving the communications on the patched talkgroup. However, my G5 was silent. G5 could hear the traffic on the original talkgroup that it was patched from, just not the one it was patched to. I've seen other patches that it handles fine.

I'm also on the most current version.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Being technically new still I'm sure they'll eventually address bugs. But it is important for those to document and have dealers inform them to address them.

I haven't had the tg patch issue yet but like I said I noticed issues with dmr scanning, analog using mdc and missed traffic, csq misses traffic sometimes but on a g5 vhf is a sub band so it is possible this is normal for that. I couldn't say on a vhf only unication if those issues exist.

In end a lot is settings which can be addressed by them in making things more clear or allowing more thresholds such as dwell times and scan resume or hold times in conventional use or syatem specific in the pager.

While it may seem irrelevant to the scanner users on a system some of this is important as it I'd marketed as a pager and receiver for official use.

I'm on fence atm on getting more but in time things may change if they address some issues. This is important if a entity is using vhf/700 or will be.

I have confirmed that many issues exist are firmware or engineering bugs that possible could be worked out by them. Being new still I think they have a lot potential if firmware updates occur specially with talkgroup patch issues.

I'd give them time as they probably try to address many issues Ina. Release but must test verify before releasing those as all on one seems to be the firmware path they do.

FishScan

Harris or Motorola system? I don't think the G 4 or 5 is considered a new device. They've been around for at least 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.