Manchester ct pd full encryption??

bobmich52

Just wondering

sitting on my deck outside FINALLY & giving my 396t a workout & Manchester pd ch 1 has been running full encryption, I know that ch 2 runs it

I heard that they might be going full encryption

thoughts/ ideas any1 ??

TIA

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Thoughts about what? Circumventing encryption? Even if you could it would still be illegal. I think of it this way… There are times when I have something to say and I don’t want to be overheard. And vice versa, if someone else doesn’t want me to hear what they have to say, so be it. And as long as they don’t do it under my roof, I have no right to object. What’s good for the goose, so to speak.

The only legal method I can think of is a groundswell objection from the public that convinces the police to come to a compromise… who knows, it’s possible they are just testing the waters, see what kind of pushback they get from the voters, if it’s too severe they may back off. If it slides by everyone, they get away with it.

There’s no law that says they can not use encryption but there is a ballot box that rules supreme.

pboissy

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering

sitting on my deck outside FINALLY & giving my 396t a workout & Manchester pd ch 1 has been running full encryption, I know that ch 2 runs it

I heard that they might be going full encryption

thoughts/ ideas any1 ??

TIA
RR data base has both of channels encrypted.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Such attitude. Holy crap. He was simply asking if the channel was encrypted or not. He wasn't asking how to decode the encryption, just if anyone had input on it. For F's sake.

BobMich.
Channel 01 has always been partially encrypted. We've had numerous reports over the years and I've personally monitored both being used.
Channel 02 has always been fully encrypted.
The database reflects both correctly too. Ch. 01 P25e (partial), Ch. 02 P25E (full)

LD723

I've been receiving full encryption on my side aswell on their ch 1 seems like they have fully strapped their radios

bobmich52

Such attitude. Holy crap. He was simply asking if the channel was encrypted or not. He wasn't asking how to decode the encryption, just if anyone had input on it. For F's sake.

BobMich.
Channel 01 has always been partially encrypted. We've had numerous reports over the years and I've personally monitored both being used.
Channel 02 has always been fully encrypted.
The database reflects both correctly too. Ch. 01 P25e (partial), Ch. 02 P25E (full)

Thank you W1KNE

Since my SDS100/200 would skip over any " E" freq, My 396T does not, But it still works great !!

Read a article in the JI a short while ago about south winsor pd going full "E" & Manchester pd was asked about the same & they said "no comment"

OH WELL;)

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
…seems you already knew what was happening… maybe you should have included it in your original post. My reply was not meant to criticize, merely relate what I knew to be true. “Circumventing” was not an attempt at attitude. In fact, the only other post that stated your options (join or move) as spot on, maybe a bit harsh but true nonetheless.

Unfortunately, your only move would be to get town govt to come to some sort of compromise and require the PD to leave dispatch alone. (In my town they direct the patrol officers to consult their onboard cruiser computers for sensitive and proprietary information relating to the dispatch or stay off the dispatch channel altogether, using cell phones instead. But I too wouldn’t be surprised if their next major upgrade didn’t include encryption, yet another tool in their toolbox for when the need arises.)

I see no “attitude” in the replies offerred. My take on the OP was simply an expression of frustration (which I agree with) where all anyone could offer was an “Oh well…, such is life” response… and that’s NOT attitude, just the way things are.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I see no “attitude” in the replies offerred. My take on the OP was simply an expression of frustration (which I agree with) where all anyone could offer was an “Oh well…, such is life” response… and that’s NOT attitude, just the way things are.

Bill, your reply of " No. You asked (and I quote) “Thoughts, ideas any1?”, You asked… and you got exactly what you asked for. "
was 100% of your usual condescending attitude based on YOUR misreading the original poster's post. Your response was 100% attitude from the moment you hit "post reply", and you know it. So don't try to make some sorry excuse now for your unnecessary attitude towards the original poster because you couldn't comprehend the basic question he asked in this forum.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Bill, your reply of " No. You asked (and I quote) “Thoughts, ideas any1?”, You asked… and you got exactly what you asked for. "
was 100% of your usual condescending attitude based on YOUR misreading the original poster's post. Your response was 100% attitude from the moment you hit "post reply", and you know it. So don't try to make some sorry excuse now for your unnecessary attitude towards the original poster because you couldn't comprehend the basic question he asked in this forum.
I’m not excusing myself as there was no hostility intended in my original reply. And I admonish you, your reading between the lines” of my post, assuming facts not in evidence of my intentions. There was no attitude in what I wrote, merely stating the way things are. As I have tried to explain, I too can get frustrated over what’s happening, and agree with the other responses that mirrored mine, yours being the only one objecting. I suggest YOU re-read the OP, as YOU seem to be the only one taking issue with my post. And while you’re at it, look up the meaning of circumvent. Seems to me like you have some sort of issue with me on a personal basis. Why, I don’t know-I don’t remember butting heads with you in the past. But be that as it may, I’m done with this thread. I will read any rebuttal you may post but will not respond, giving you the last word. You’ve a right to your opinion, I won’t argue the point further.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Last I listened, IIRC, the dispatcher was more likely to be in the clear than the officers.

mbnv992

Ha I remember the “old days” in the late 90’s early 2000’s when MPD just got their MTS2000 UHF model 1 radios. They kept them till 2017 ? Then for some reason I think the entire town switched to Kenwood. At first SWPD, VPD, MPD and many other departments were all UHF P25 in the clear. Now it seems most departments everywhere are going full time “E”.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Ha I remember the “old days” in the late 90’s early 2000’s when MPD just got their MTS2000 UHF model 1 radios. They kept them till 2017 ? Then for some reason I think the entire town switched to Kenwood. At first SWPD, VPD, MPD and many other departments were all UHF P25 in the clear. Now it seems most departments everywhere are going full time “E”.
If I had to guess the reason why they switched, I'd say probably the vendor in town. Just speculation, but would make sense.

mbnv992

Heck even the 8th district FD had the ( rather rare ) 800MHZ HT1000’s back then as well. At MPD it was all MTS2000 model 1 UHF radios, Spectras / some Astro Spectras in the car, they even had HT1000’s for the PSA’s ( Police Service Aides ). Even saw one of their LT’s with a Saber. Now - not a Motorola radio to be found anywhere. Just found that kinda strange.