• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Phase 2 Scanner Receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2wayfreq

Yes, I know we have the G4 and G5 pager and I have the G4. It's GREAT! Don't get me wrong ,but it would just be nice to have a "Unication Quality" high capacity scanning receiver. Could you imagine Great Battery, Audio and Simulcast Performance, a 16 Channel/Systems knob, 3000 Channels, AES 256 Keyloadable, drop in charger and commercial ruggedness all on one unit! I have the 436HP and its just pitiful. I don't have the SDS-100...is it "Good Enough"?? Would a Unication "Scanner" be the ultimate toy?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know we have the G4 and G5 pager and I have the G4. It's GREAT! Don't get me wrong ,but it would just be nice to have a "Unication Quality" high capacity scanning receiver.

ITS A PAGER THAT SCANS..Not a scanner that pages..

Did you read the OP? They are talking about development of a Unication quality scanner, not the pagers.

mdsxfire

EDBM
would definitely be great for unication to make a scanner but as mentioned above it’s a pager that scans and unication is in the paging business. it also does seem that they have fallen off updating the G pagers since it’s been a year since the last firmware update (even though as a public safety pager it really doesn’t need any updates)

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
There are some foolish customers who already believe that the Unication pager is actually a scanner. I suppose they might also believe a 436 is a pager because it does tone-out.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I would be nice if they just added a delay to the scan function.
For some systems this is a issue which I've noted elsewhere some systems the delay timer could be more manageable in drop dwell this is including in non scan mode. It drops then seems to have issue with traffic being picked up again.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

@FishScan this is not the same as a delay function. What this option does is allow you to stop the TG scan by pushing a button and it will hold that single TG for the time set. It does not automatically delay all TGs that the pager stops on, it requires you to stop it then it will release it after the period set. Very different than a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.