Summerfest LTR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx9kvh

Just wondering if anyone can confirm if Summerfest is still using their LTR system that they have been using for EONS.

Their license for the frequencies expired tomorrow(07/03/2022) and I've not heard anything as of yet, so wondering if they ditched the system and are using something new or not.

Thanks for any info that can be shared.

jjn555

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone can confirm if Summerfest is still using their LTR system that they have been using for EONS.

Their license for the frequencies expired tomorrow(07/03/2022) and I've not heard anything as of yet, so wondering if they ditched the system and are using something new or not.

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering this. I heard plenty last year, but nothing this year. I'm tempted to drive down there to see if I learn anything.

wx9kvh

I'm only 5 miles the way the crow files and I'm not hearing anything, however when I switch to the zone on my mobile I can see the antenna icon pulse every 10 seconds but haven't heard anything yet. Wonder if maybe the antenna somehow got damaged and the range is reduced drastically. I will drive that way on my way back to Green Bay later this afternoon.

jjn555

Premium Subscriber

I just started hunting around and there appears to be some Summefest traffic on 464.6375. I definitely heard the word ULINE so this is definitely a Summerfest freq. I am just starting to look now. I have no idea what other freqs might or what system it is. Maybe someone else can chime in.

jjn555

Premium Subscriber
I'M HEARING IT!!! The data in RadioReference for trunking seems to be accurate, BUT note the LCN order. The first dozen or so are only odd numbers with zeros intersperced. The reason I wasn't hearing anything until now is that I had BUSINESS turned off in my service list. Just about everything on that Summerfest network is catgorized as a 'business' service. I'm about 10 miles away from the lakefront. I can hear it just fine..

wx9kvh

I'M HEARING IT!!! The data in RadioReference for trunking seems to be accurate, BUT note the LCN order. The first dozen or so are only odd numbers with zeros intersperced. The reason I wasn't hearing anything until now is that I had BUSINESS turned off in my service list. Just about everything on that Summerfest network is catgorized as a 'business' service. I'm about 10 miles away from the lakefront. I can hear it just fine..
Okay, I have it programmed in the mobile, and will give it a test when I hit the road in a little while. Thanks!

jjn555

Premium Subscriber
This is the file I uploaded to my radio. Note that the LCN order is a little messed up compared to what you might expect. You might have to manually put those zeroes in there. I'm listening to a call for 'all available redshirts' to go to North Concourse gate 1 for a unruly patron.". LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!
I'm leaving to be at Summerfest in about an hour, so I may or may not be available on this thread.

Attachments

• lcn.JPG
    lcn.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 38
  • tgid.JPG
    tgid.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 38

wx9kvh

This is the file I uploaded to my radio. Note that the LCN order is a little messed up compared to what you might expect. You might have to manually put those zeroes in there. I'm listening to a call for 'all available redshirts' to go to North Concourse gate 1 for a unruly patron.". LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!
I'm leaving to be at Summerfest in about an hour, so I may or may not be available on this thread.

Thanks for the response, as long as you are hearing traffic on the security channel 0-01-001 then I know the system is still up and operational. Thanks again.

jjn555

Premium Subscriber
Technically, I haven't heard 0-01-001 yet, but these are the ones I've heard within the last 15 minutes...

Attachments

• mon.JPG
    mon.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 26

zsauve

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Summerfest may be getting ready to possibly decommission their LTR system. I was on the grounds for German Fest and noticed all of the Summerfest employees (Security, grounds, etc) carrying what appears to be Sonim XP5's with speaker microphones instead of the usual Kenwood TK-3140's and NX-300's where everyone else from the German Fest side had Motorola XPR-3500e's. The LTR System was completely silent.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings....

A follow-up to the follow-up, I volunteer all weekend down at the grounds for Irish Fest and can confirm the LTR system has been silent. The times that I have been able to listen to the system while down there, all I'm getting is LTR LCN bursts. I also saw those radios that are similar to the Sonim XP5's.

Not being that smart in these things, I presume these radios are like a Zello type thing (aka, not able to be monitored at all).

Timc

Status
Not open for further replies.