AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Talk Group 6353 is St Albert Bus Service. They have seven radios, 4 for the Utility guys, 2 for the Mechanics and 1 for the Supervisor.

Today 6354 is being used as B Channel. It's labeled Ops 1. I'm quite sure this shift is not using the channel selector knob properly but are using the Zone or Bank switch to change to the group. One driver asked if B channel today was one down now and not two like before.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Talk Group 6353 is St Albert Bus Service. They have seven radios, 4 for the Utility guys, 2 for the Mechanics and 1 for the Supervisor.

Today 6354 is being used as B Channel. It's labeled Ops 1. I'm quite sure this shift is not using the channel selector knob properly but are using the Zone or Bank switch to change to the group. One driver asked if B channel today was one down now and not two like before.

Today they are still using 6354 as B Channel. One driver asked if they should stay on B. They were told to please refer to it as Ops 1. And that is what is the alpha numeric on the radio says. My guess is 6355 is Ops 2. Will correct the DB if this is correct. Old habits from the old radios are hard to lose.

ESF-12

Anyone else unable to hear EFRS auto dispatch? Don't know if they changed something or if it's my DSD+
But since yesterday I can see the talk groups "active" but no audio.

lzrman

Does anyone know what the TGID is for City/County Grande Prairie CPO Talk group? apparently there is a shared channel to talk between the two that isn't PRCC, but most times they don't listen to it.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the TGID is for City/County Grande Prairie CPO Talk group? apparently there is a shared channel to talk between the two that isn't PRCC, but most times they don't listen to it.
Do you mean 141 CPO North West or 143 CPO Grande Prairie? Or do they have one owned by the County or City?

Seems awfully quiet in St. Albert today. not a peep on SAFS or MES.
Have you heard anything yet. I'm sitting on 4491 Fire and 4521 MES. Do you hear Transit?

lzrman

Do you mean 141 CPO North West or 143 CPO Grande Prairie? Or do they have one owned by the County or City?

Have you heard anything yet. I'm sitting on 4491 Fire and 4521 MES. Do you hear Transit?

I know they use 143 for both to talk to PRCC, but a CPO said they have a shared channel to talk to each other without anyone else, not sure. Their 2278 for the city is exclusively owned by the city.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I know they use 143 for both to talk to PRCC, but a CPO said they have a shared channel to talk to each other without anyone else, not sure. Their 2278 for the city is exclusively owned by the city.
They should be using 151 and 153 to talk to PRCC. Some do use the 140 series to Chat but not many around here. Some RCMP detachments call the CPO in 140 series but I've never heard them answered around here.
I have 2276 as Grande Prairie City CPO. Hope that's not my error. 2277 could also be used if 2278 is also CPO.

lzrman

They should be using 151 and 153 to talk to PRCC. Some do use the 140 series to Chat but not many around here. Some RCMP detachments call the CPO in 140 series but I've never heard them answered around here.
I have 2276 as Grande Prairie City CPO. Hope that's not my error. 2277 could also be used if 2278 is also CPO.
Sorry it was 2276, had a mind blank. Thats the one for GP Enforcement Services.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
On CMRN ,I've been hearing references to new tac channels specifically for MVCs. With references to tacs B/C 10-12. Even on search mode, I have been unable to pick up these tacs. Has anyone else had any luck? Possibly new Tac channels with interoperability between CFD and AHS or CPS so potentially enc or on AFRRCS?

smason

On CMRN, I've been hearing references to new tac channels specifically for MVCs. With references to tacs B/C 10-12. Even on search mode, I have been unable to pick up these tacs. Has anyone else had any luck? Possibly new Tac channels with interoperability between CFD and AHS or CPS so potentially enc or on AFRRCS?
I'll have to set up a search and see what I can find out.

smason

After running multiple searches I found some TAC-sounding TGs on AFRRCS.
I have been trying to correlate the TGs with the TAC numbers. Don't have them 100% accurately mapped, but my preliminary findings:

B10 5413
B11 5414
B12 5415
C10 5416
C11 5417
C12 5418

Treaty7

Great catch !! I assume since on AFRRCS using radio ID 76xxxx
Did you notice any AHS radio ID (411xxxx) on these?

After a merger transformed Turner Valley and Black Diamond into Diamond Valley, are fire units still using there respective town names or just Diamond Valley?