Uniden repair service

avaloncourt

I did a search and I see people have reported different things. I sent my SDS200 to Uniden for repair. They received it a week ago. Some people say they received a notification. Others say they heard nothing. I saw posts that said it's about a 2 week turnaround. Hopefully, that still holds so it's another week of waiting for it to turn around.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
USPS, UPS and FedEx all have web sites that will notify you of when your package, shipped, received, and a label is created when it's being returned to you. Sign up for all three of them, set it up to get text notifications on all three carriers and it'll be worry-free.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Uniden did not send anything when it was received or being shipped back. Uniden uses Fedex so sign up a free account and set up the alerts via sms or email. You will receive the notification from Fedex when she is on her way home.

avaloncourt

USPS, UPS and FedEx all have web sites that will notify you of when your package, shipped, received, and a label is created when it's being returned to you. Sign up for all three of them, set it up to get text notifications on all three carriers and it'll be worry-free.
I already have accounts with all three and your response had nothing to do with my question.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I already have accounts with all three and your response had nothing to do with my question.

Then you'll know when a label is created and can follow as it moves through the system. You really didn't ask a question, just were curious to the process, or that's how I interpreted it. I did read in a thread that Uniden Repair was working to improve the notification process to the customers as to the status of repairs. Hopefully, you'll have it back soon.

avaloncourt

There was no question in your post. :rolleyes:
The post was about a) not getting any acknowledgement from Uniden that they received it where some people say they have received notifications and b) some people say it takes about 2 weeks for them to act on the repair but since a) they haven't even acknowledged they have it then b) when they're actually going to do something with it and then return it.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Your package goes to a third party carrier, Saddle Creek Logistics first... Then they deliver it to Uniden Repair...
You will see nothing after Saddle Creek gets it... So you really don't know when Uniden received it...

Saddle.jpg

Last edited:

avaloncourt

Your package goes to a third party carrier, Saddle Creek Logistics first... Then they deliver it to Uniden Repair...
You will see nothing after Saddle Creek gets it... So you really don't know when Uniden received it...

View attachment 128625
Thank you. I wondered who Saddle Creek was. It made me wonder if they had a third-party repairing like some other companies do. So, they have a receiving dock for just Uniden. They must get a ton of returns/repairs. I guess they'd do all of their outbound shipping too.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Saddle Creek does the local delivery... They ship it back thru Fedx or UPS...

When my 436 went back for the repair campaign in 2019 they shipped it back using UPS...

Last edited:

avaloncourt

I spoke to Uniden today. They acknowledged that the service department received the scanner on September 21. His best guess was that maybe it will be with them for another week or so.

avaloncourt

And, in the ongoing saga of where's my scanner, I just spoke to Uniden. It's been a month since repair received it with no word. "Mark" says that it was logged in with no other work status in a month. He said he's going to follow up and email me.

blackbelter

My SDS200 was sent to Uniden for flickering screen and was returned within 2 and half weeks . I received no notifications of receiving or returning the unit from Uniden.
Thank you Fedex for your notifications however.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
And, in the ongoing saga of where's my scanner, I just spoke to Uniden. It's been a month since repair received it with no word. "Mark" says that it was logged in with no other work status in a month. He said he's going to follow up and email me.
Well that kinda sucks...
I never had any trouble like that with them...

epersson

Feed Provider
I'll put a positive note in... My sds100 volume knob shaft boke, sent it USPS delivered Oct 6th. Never got any notification at all, but received it back repaired on Oct 17th.

avaloncourt

Finally received an email today that the repair has been finished (5 weeks) and they'll ship it out in 3-5 days.