• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Big announcement from unication

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Why don’t they put 1.34 on their website?
They did the same thing w/ fixing some bugs via 1.32 but left 1.31 on site. Even shipped new units with 1.32 while public version was 1.31

I don’t get why they’re not pushing these bug fixes out publicly via their website?

Agree with you i am in same area as @MTL_Emergencies and have same problem since the update at version 1.33 so if this version was on the unication website i could also test and give feedback but now have to wait for some new firmware to be released

Hit_Factor

The BIG ANNOUNCEMENT should be , will fix unication beyond 5 year time frame.
Have you seen this?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I had an issue with 1.33 where the pager would skip patch talkgroups communications. I reported the issue to Unication via logs and they corrected the issue withen 3 days (under v1.34).

I wish it would record those for playback. When 911 pages a station and an ambulance, via the Harris "patched TG" it will not record it for playback.

Even just programming in one single TG, if it's patched, the patch (65XXX) will still be shown, and it will not record for playback.

blackbelter

Please share the above and any other issues with FW 1.33 with Unication support and feed back form. They respond quickly however there were not aware of 1.34 being issued to users.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
The update was worthless to me. The G4 pager will not lock on any control panels and keeps rebooting.

llzel

Premium Subscriber
The update was worthless to me. The G4 pager will not lock on any control panels and keeps rebooting.
G4? I had the rebooting issue as well and it was because one of my systems has both VHF and 700/800 control channels and the G4 couldn't handle it. Unication sent me a beta update 1.32 that solved the problem. Just throwing it out there.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
We are dropping these things. Too buggy for public safety use. Luckily only 2 were invested on. Missed traffic and the latest update we applied noticed more issues. More out waste of money until they get more serious on working out bugs.

jabbeaux

We are dropping these things. Too buggy for public safety use. Luckily only 2 were invested on. Missed traffic and the latest update we applied noticed more issues. More out waste of money until they get more serious on working out bugs.
Out of curiosity, how big was the potential account Uni could have captured from ya? What will you move to that works better for your needs?

mdsxfire

EDBM
what exactly were ur issues? what type of system are u guys on. we’ve been using G5s as our only pagers for 3 years and haven’t had a single issue with QC over our dispatch TG or any issues monitoring our ops TG

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
what exactly were ur issues? what type of system are u guys on. we’ve been using G5s as our only pagers for 3 years and haven’t had a single issue with QC over our dispatch TG or any issues monitoring our ops TG

Currently mixed mode in region. Quick call hasn't been issue so far since update prior it worked fine.

Analog and mdc or csq. Before about 20 percent failure rate in decode was noted in scan on mdc. After update at least 80 percent failure to decode rate using mdc. What is odd is it only does it certain knobs or zones and all have same settings. Almost frequency picky. Scanning good luck with vhf with mdc enabled. Now csq seems to emit this issue without mdc enabled with pl pr dpl using csq setting.

It also seems to at times stop on a scan in mdc as if it knows activity exists but only a quiet hiss can be heard as if it is failing to decode mdc. This seems to only occur so far on mdc on certain channels and yes same settings were put on all channels.

700 seems fine on p25. But as mission critical it cannot be relied on and this is issue huge issue. Would be like having a apx8000 or a viking8000 and it only un muting on 700 or when it decides on vhf.

To a scanner user they can say it isn't a big deal. However mission critical someone gets hurt relying on this it becomes a huge issue in legal forms.

Vhf only was attempted on g5 yielding with same results without any 700 data.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity, how big was the potential account Uni could have captured from ya? What will you move to that works better for your needs?
They'll be getting viking8000s or apx8000s as use and yes as pager including ones that really just needed a all band pager. Approx over 100. 2 other entities were watching close and don't want to have issue of product so avoided any purchase. The key part was vhf 700 and ability to do aes as it'll be a huge requirement in NM in good time in most places.

Several have asked around for any one including self on vhf 700 setup on theirs thst works without decode issues on vhf with and without mdc and been met with silence.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Aw, I thought they were finally going to announce the SDR scanner.

s-l1600.jpeg

Reactions: RRR

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
700 seems fine on p25. But as mission critical it cannot be relied on and this is issue huge issue. Would be like having a apx8000 or a viking8000 and it only un muting on 700 or when it decides on vhf.

Interesting observation. We have about 150 G4's in service in my agency (fire/rescue), and aside from a small hardware issue here and there, they've been virtually flawless.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Interesting observation. We have about 150 G4's in service in my agency (fire/rescue), and aside from a small hardware issue here and there, they've been virtually flawless.
I'd imagine g4 being single band has less issues.

I've noticed they are very sensitive in settings and it does matter. I'd imagine 1 percent is bugs and the rest is settings.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I'd imagine g4 being single band has less issues.

I've noticed they are very sensitive in settings and it does matter. I'd imagine 1 percent is bugs and the rest is settings.

The USB ports are weak, but that is a micro USB common issue on any device.

Also, look, a VHF 7/800 G4 :geek:Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 9.15.03 PM.png