Pending feed for weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Time to move on. You're only making it painfully obvious to everyone that you have a sense of entitlement, coupled with the "I'm doing YOU a favor by feeding one obscure channel after spending $1,000 on equipment" attitude. Neither is helping your cause.

robertsdoug

Feed Provider
That’s exactly what it is. People spend thousands of dollars on equipment to send streams to his platform where he plays advertising and generates a significant amount of revenue. He seems to have the attitude that it is just a voluntary thing, when it is not. Speaking of obscure channels, look at the amount of ham, radio channels that are streamed. No one wants to listen to that nonsensical chatter, but there is a real use case in a very large school district police dispatch feed. Considering the amount of school violence, that is newsworthy, perhaps the owners of this side should reconsider the usefulness of such a feed.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Robert, I’ve always said and practiced that I will bend over backwards to help my customers, partners, feed providers, submitters etc, but I will not bend over forwards.

When you take the attitude of entitlement that you did here, you will get zero cooperation from me going forward. When I told you that you were texting my wife you instead wanted to fence with me over my wife’s phone instead of simply apologizing and saying “no problem I’ll contact you at the support address you provided me and we’ll work this out” - I then got the same lecture.

also, in the 20+ years I’ve been running this business no one, and I mea NO ONE has ever contacted my wife about something like this. This places you in a very special, and quite frankly weird group of people that take this whole thing way too seriously.

I think it’s time for you to move on and do your own streaming etc because I’m very confident that given the amount of money your spent on your setup, and your tenacity to hunt me down personally to address a feed application that lingered “for weeks” with me not seeing a single support request from you until yesterday after I told you to means you’re better off doing this on your own

robertsdoug

Feed Provider
Again, you are hung up that a single text message was sent to a phone number that was advertised as belonging to you. When the person on the other end identified themselves as being your wife, my next response was to please have you contact me and that was it. You are construing this in a way to make you somehow seem like a victim because he received a text message. You are also using inflammatory words and phrases to suggest that you were “hunted down”, when, in reality, your name was simply typed into whitepages.com and the first phone number that came up was sent a text message.

robertsdoug

Feed Provider
Thank you for correctly identifying this website as a business. Many people seem to think that it is some sort of volunteer run charitable service. There is no sense of entitlement, there was just a sense of wanting customer service from a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.