Best SDS200 Indoor Antenna?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone share their experience with an antenna that has given decent results with your SDS200 indoors. I have mine on my desktop, fairly close to a window. So far, I have tried a few different antennas, but seem to think there must be a better on out there to help with the reception, particularly of the UHF range that I usually am monitoring.
The telescoping antenna that comes with the unit does not work as good as I would like. I does not work as well as the Spectrum Force Wideband antenna. I bought a Diamond RH77CA 144/440 MHz. Dual-Band High Gain Handheld Antenna, but didn't get very good results at all and ended up returning it.
I have the Remtronix 820S on my SDS100 and it is great! Of course, it is primarily for 700-900MHz and that is what I use the 100 for most of the time. But, I was wondering if the REM-842B would perform as well on my SDS200 for the UHF range? Or, are there any other experiences out there?

I've had great success with this.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Do you happen to know how wide that antenna is? I heard good things about it but It looks like it takes up a lot of space.

Since you’re here…which of your two accounts would you like to keep?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Do you happen to know how wide that antenna is? I heard good things about it but It looks like it takes up a lot of space.
I forgot offhand what the packaging said but it's not big at all. Here's a picture with it next to a standard sized CD.
Screenshot_20221004_070447.jpg

shansmi

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the picture. It’s much smaller than I thought.

And they do seem to work pretty well indoors. I picked up one from Amazon under the same PN but it is not a Diamond. I will be setting it up in the attic to test things out. Hopefully better reception than in the man cave.