Upcoming changes to Dare County??

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Just read this article:

Does anyone know of any upcoming radio changes to Dare county's P25 system? The system is just over 11 years old. The couple of people I've talked to don't know of anything

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Hope.no encryption on fire ems side it will stay as is just upgrade

That would be extremely unlikely given all of the interoperability needed with other agencies. Even all of the law enforcement channels aren't encrypted, just the main dispatch and talk channels, OPS are still in the clear, though rarely used.

I've talked with a couple more people and it appears it is indeed a Phase II upgrade

spencerwww

Great. I gondown to orgein in net and go stripper fishing and rock i brk g .y sca. Er and listen. In winter uts dead but yea being there kn beach they need lot interporoperly mutal air

spencerwww

All you have to do is ask someone who works for the company that maintains the system ;)
I done talked to someone they side there not encryption anything lot them use mutal aid with the sureending county's so there just going phase 2 but I dont know who talk to not less u talk to someone like fire chef are radio person which I don't know but it should up date are some of.people.will keep up the up dates when they switch over

spencerwww

All you have to do is ask someone who works for the company that maintains the system ;)
I done talked to someone they side there not encryption anything lot them use mutal aid with the sureending county's so there just going phase 2 but I dont know who talk to not less u talk to someone like fire chef are radio person which I don't know but it should up date are some of.people.will keep up the up dates when they switch