• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTL/XTS5000 Radio seems to have some sort of volume lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

milman151

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me why my radio is super quiet all the sudden I reprogrammed it with voice announcements and all the sudden my Xts 5000R only wispers radio traffic.
I use the Astro 25,portable cps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Check min/max audio volume settings (Radio Configuration, Radio Wide) and make sure the Max volume didn't get set to something low.

vol.PNG

milman151

Premium Subscriber
Here we go again.
I changed just that one setting I can hear the channel announcement but there’s no radio traffic coming through on the trunking system.
I was working just a week ago.

hitechRadio

Here we go again.
I changed just that one setting I can hear the channel announcement but there’s no radio traffic coming through on the trunking system.
I was working just a week ago.
No voice traffic at all? Does it appear you are receiving traffic?

milman151

Premium Subscriber
Not receiving anything the box that says radio inhibit enable in trunking system is checked.
It won’t let me uncheck the box that allows the radio to be remotely inhibited.

nikronzo

Radio Inhibit is a feature of Astro 25 systems that cannot be unchecked in trunking personalities.

milman151

Premium Subscriber
I programmed it as a non affiliate scanner and the county inhibited it

Trunking system radio inhibit is checked personality radio inhibit is unchecked

Did the county inhibit the radio? Not sure if it would display that or not.
It displayed nothing
Trunking system radio inhibit is checked personality radio inhibit is unchecked

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I programmed it as a non affiliate scanner and the county inhibited it

As I said in your other thread that I closed, you need to take it to the agency that assigned you that radio to have it uninhibited. If it's not an agency assigned radio, then you're going to have a hard time getting it uninhibited.

milman151

Premium Subscriber
As I said in your other thread that I closed, you need to take it to the agency that assigned you that radio to have it uninhibited. If it's not an agency assigned radio, then you're going to have a hard time getting it uninhibited.
I’ll send a reprogram request from the radio

milman151

Premium Subscriber
radio is receiving entiretrunking system with PL disabled on. I want to hear the talk groups I programmed In my radio not the entire system.
//radio is not inhibited//

nikronzo

so you program an unauthorized subscriber radio on a "federal" trunking system. Not that anything you've said so far makes sense...but there is reasons why radio inhibit exists.

milman151

Premium Subscriber
There is ? 🤣🤣🤣
Let me tell you something
Radio inhibit exist because of the D bags that talk on the radio way to much .
Not that I’m one of them but I’ve got 3 or 4 friends that had there department issued radios inhibited because they talk on it way to much they hit the hotmic button 3-4 times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.