Morris County 700 MHz Simulcast Discussion

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I drove Site 6 simulcast southern most site today. Huge difference in signal around Long Hill. Previous Site 5 (since decommissioned) that was up on a power line tower on the west ridge, Long Hill Rd. This left RF shadows east and west all along that ridge line. Millington had little signal on 05.

No more! By backfilling from Mountain Ave which has elevation itself, signal is much
improved.

Fair amount signal in Warren and east and west on RT78 too.

Kudo’s Morris.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
I drove Site 6 simulcast southern most site today. Huge difference in signal around Long Hill. Previous Site 5 (since decommissioned) that was up on a power line tower on the west ridge, Long Hill Rd. This left RF shadows east and west all along that ridge line. Millington had little signal on 05.

No more! By backfilling from Mountain Ave which has elevation itself, signal is much
improved.

Fair amount signal in Warren and east and west on RT78 too.

Kudo’s Morris.

Yes I've noticed the same thing. 100% signal in my basement in Bernards township on the 700 cell. Zero signal on the UHF cell. Never any signal on the old UHF cell when it was on the Long Hill ridge...
I am assuming Chatham borough and Chatham township are still using the UHF cell, with towers in morristown area....

Last edited:

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Yes I've noticed the same thing. 100% signal in my basement in Bernards township on the 700 cell. Zero signal on the UHF cell. Never any signal on the old UHF cell when it was on the Long Hill ridge...
I am assuming Chatham borough and Chatham township are still using the UHF cell, with towers in morristown area....
I too have heard transmissions from all. Both Chathams, Harding, Long Hill LEO.
The UID format conforms with muni codes. I see other TG‘s, as well.

Even if a 44/45 car was affiliated with Morristown, a 30 car in range of Mountain Ave, transmissions would be on both.

As @APX8000 states this site can be sleepy, especially on a holiday like today.

Here is a suggestion Richee if you have not tried. I believe you have SDS series ( I do not). Try running a discovery session on 06 for a day or two. You can always stop take a look at catches and then restart.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for, but here are the subscribers that have affiliated with Police 4 (TG 28932) and Fire Response 5 (30213) on the 700 cell between Oct 26 and an hour ago.

Attachments

• 30213.txt
    236 bytes · Views: 35
  • 28932.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 26

richee2000

I too have heard transmissions from all. Both Chathams, Harding, Long Hill LEO.
The UID format conforms with muni codes. I see other TG‘s, as well.

Even if a 44/45 car was affiliated with Morristown, a 30 car in range of Mountain Ave, transmissions would be on both.

As @APX8000 states this site can be sleepy, especially on a holiday like today.

Here is a suggestion Richee if you have not tried. I believe you have SDS series ( I do not). Try running a discovery session on 06 for a day or two. You can always stop take a look at catches and then restart.

Yes, rr60. But i am thinking the new transmitter site in warren will not reach into the chathams and harding with reliable signal strength...Most likely those towns are still using the uhf cell on closer sites, and being rebroadcast back onto the 700? Thoughts?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
What part of "PD and Fire are using 700 now...." from what I posted above do you not understand....They are not using "UHF cells on closer sites." They are on 700 and its patched back to UHF. This includes Harding, Long Hill, ChathamS. Why do you think I posted that the UASI-4 patch was down from NJICS to Police 4....because Long Hill switched to 700 on Morris vs NJICS.

Last edited:

richee2000

What part of "PD and Fire are using 700 now...." from what I posted above do you not understand....They are not using "UHF cells on closer sites." They are on 700 and its patched back to UHF. This includes Harding, Long Hill, ChathamS. Why do you think I posted that the UASI-4 patch was down from NJICS to Police 4....because Long Hill switched to 700 on Morris vs NJICS.

It would have been much easier to just say "They are only using the 700 cell, and 700 is being utilized at various sites, not just the warren site" . I understand perfectly. 🤣🤣🤣

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why would Warren be the only active 700 subsite after nearly a year of that cell being turned on? That's how your post came across. Sometimes some of you make things seem so much more complicated than they are. 🤦🏼‍♂️

richee2000

Why would Warren be the only active 700 subsite after nearly a year of that cell being turned on? That's how your post came across. Sometimes some of you make things seem so much more complicated than they are. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Well, thats why we have you on here, to explain everything that you think we don't understand..... (Actually, I just needed a little clarification) 🤡

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
It would have been much easier to just say "They are only using the 700 cell, and 700 is being utilized at various sites, not just the warren site" . I understand perfectly. 🤣🤣🤣

Actually, it would be much easier to watch you flap your arms drowning in the pool of radio knowledge, while I stand pool side with a life preserver laughing.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Additional improvement to be noted and not overlooked.

The Fire/EMS paging frequency of 476.2875 is also Simulcast and active from this site (Warren). These antennas are unique. A pair of phased corner reflectors pointed to the Northwest. Paging signal is way up, sounds good.

I suspect as a result of SC on license. Syosset is far away, especially behind that hill.:unsure:

Last edited:

richee2000

The Fire/EMS paging frequency of 476.2875 is also Simulcast and active from this site (Warren). These antennas are unique. A pair of phased corner reflectors pointed to the Northwest. Paging signal is way up, sounds good.

I suspect as a result of SC on license. Syosset is far away, especially behind that hill.:unsure:

Thank you for your always accurate information and respectful comments. I just wasn't sure how much of the 700 cell build out was done at this point. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have not seen any reports indicating which Morris county towers actually were running 700 cells, or if all of them are now running 700 cells.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Anyways...

Note the new naming conventions for the 700 talkgroups.

UHF Name​
700 Long Name​
700 Short Name​
Police #Police Dispatch #Police D#
EMS Response #County EMS #MC EMS #
Fire Response #County Fire #MC Fire #

• Ops 1-9 (Fire/EMS only) are replaced by Fire/EMS Tac 1-6
  • Ops 10-25 are replaced by Public Safety Tac 1-7, Police Tac 1-4, and a new Highway/Airport Tac talkgroup
Details of other changes can be found on the Morris County website.

NJFireD1

Do you know the 700 talkgroup they were simulcasting the paging on?

Last edited: