UCCS DMR

KD0WMJ

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I was just looking at the database for UCCS is COS and it now shows they are on DMR. Does anyone know if that means they don't have a TG on the 800 system anymore?

tvengr

Well Known Member
DMR is another digital format. It is similar to P25 Phase 2 in that each frequency has 2 audio channels or slots. Color Code is similar to P25 NAC. What scanner do you have? Not all are capable of receiving DMR.

kurtswaney

Radio Field Trips
Database Admin
Hello - thank you for reminding me that UCCS Police has two TGs (4911 and 4912) on the State of Colorado DTRS system. Can anyone confirm if those two TGs are still active? And any additional Talkgroup details that anyone can provide for the UCCS DMR Network would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Kurt

radio

Premium Subscriber
Kurtswaney, 4911 has been active for the last hour and a half. I do not have the DMR system programmed so I can't confirm anything there.

kurtswaney

Radio Field Trips
Database Admin
Copy. Thank you very much.
Would you be able to check / confirm if any of the DTRS Pikes Peak Community College TGs 4913, 2737, 2738 are still active?
Thank you.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Kurtswaney, I just programmed them in using Simulcast tower. However, since PPCC is a small area down south, they may operate only on Fountain or Mt PIttsburg towers that I cannot get in my northeast residence. I will let you know later today.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Kurtswaney, I just programmed them in using Simulcast tower. However, since PPCC is a small area down south, they may operate only on Fountain or Mt PIttsburg towers that I cannot get in my northeast residence. I will let you know later today.
I'm pretty sure your'e right, whenever I'm in the Springs I don't hear the Pikes Peak TG's on the big simulcast site.

radio

Premium Subscriber
kurtswaney, sorry but I had to leave my residence so was not able to monitor. I will let you know if I hear anything.

MountainMoose

I can confirm UCCS PD is active on those TG's
I also have PPCC TG's programmed but usually don't hear anything on the main COS Simulcast site. Might have to add the two that RADIO mentioned and see what comes up, although I am also up NE springs Near Black Forest

David628

Premium Subscriber
UCCS Pd still actively uses 4911 & 4912. PPCC I believe consolidated their dispatch needs like Fountain, Security Wide field and Manitou did years ago and uses EPSO ch 3 south ch for their dispatch.

kurtswaney

Radio Field Trips
Database Admin
Thank you everyone for the research assistance.

The RR database has been updated to indicate UCCS Police operate on DTRS and UCCS Security operates on the new UCCS DMR Network.

Thank you,
Kurt