GATRRS 13E Hill Country expansion

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I’ve got two new sites in one night, 1-54 Mason and 1-64 Stonewall. Will add to database when I’m not mobile but that begins their foray into Mason and Gillespie Counties.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Added both. No activity on the Stonewall site in 30 minutes of monitoring, but all 4 Mason TXDOT frequencies showed activity with Llano County groups. Mason County doesn’t appear to be tied in yet as I heard 154.340 with EMS activity and 155.640 with SO calls but no simultaneous groups appeared on site 54.
My laptop died as I tried to type this in after updating the database so when I get back to odessa to get the charger I forgot, I’ll drop the P25 data files here.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Had an extra charger for this laptop and didn't even realize it. This is why you stand your ground with the wife and never throw away a cord.

Site: 1.54 NAC=130 BSI=WRCC902

Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.70 ; Watson
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.73 ; Kingsland
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.75 ; Llano North
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.76 ; Llano South
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.77 ; Round Mountain
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.78 ; Johnson City
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.79 ; Blanco

Channel 3-397: 151.0925 BSI
Channel 3-457: 151.2425 SCC
Channel 3-1639: 154.1975 VOICE
Channel 3-1859: 154.7475 CC

Site: 1.64 NAC=130

Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.76 ; Llano South
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.78 ; Johnson City
Neighbor: BEE09.13E-1.79 ; Blanco

Channel 3-379: 151.0475 CC
Channel 3-556: 151.49 SCC

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Got a BSI hit on 159.4725 on the stonewall site. WRQY894. Every RID that tried to affiliate to it was denied so it’s probably not open for business yet

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The expansion has been in the works for about 5 years now.

BTW. Llano South (4C) is officially called Fowler, Llano North (4B) is officially called Lonegrove, Kingsland (49) is officially called Lookout Mountain (in Burnet County but managed by Llano County), Johnson City (4E) is officially called Mountain Top, and Blanco (4F) is officially called Church Tank.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin

BTW. Llano South (4C) is officially called Fowler, Llano North (4B) is officially called Lonegrove, Kingsland (49) is officially called Lookout Mountain (in Burnet County but managed by Llano County), Johnson City (4E) is officially called Mountain Top, and Blanco (4F) is officially called Church Tank.
Where else should we be looking for future sites? I’ve been wondering what in the world the orphan sites of the Concho Valley COG system were even on the air for, but they would help toward a seamless wide area link between the Permian and Austin zones. We already know the Comal County thing is in the works but I am keeping an eye on Brady and other central Texas locations in my travels.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I have not heard anything in regards to Brady.

I've not been actively involved in maintenance/deployment of the Western Region portion of GATRRS for about 4 years now. I knew Gillespie and Mason were both in testing as of October 1 of this year but don't really ask about what's going on as I am really just kept updated as a "hey we are seeing this at this new location or with this hardware and someone seems to remember you having a similar issue, did you have a solution that resolved the issue" kind of thing.

As for Concho Valley COG...I came to that logical conclusion when I found out about the intended Permian Basin merger in 2017 but my observational take away was that it wasn't in the 5 year plan and not something to consider for the current plan.

KE5PL

I’ve got two new sites in one night, 1-54 Mason and 1-64 Stonewall. Will add to database when I’m not mobile but that begins their foray into Mason and Gillespie Counties.
I think the Mason CC may have changed earlier this month (Nov 22)

KE5PL

I affiliated with the Mason site at the Menard/Concho county line on US83. Lost it in Menard proper. Reaffiliated just South of Menard. Don’t give up on the CVCOG sites. Only 6 of the 8 sites remain in service.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I affiliated with the Mason site at the Menard/Concho county line on US83. Lost it in Menard proper. Reaffiliated just South of Menard. Don’t give up on the CVCOG sites. Only 6 of the 8 sites remain in service.
I know I’ve never heard Sonora or San Angelo on the air. Taylor Box a few months back was running a carrier only with no control channel but then it was back to normal more recently. I am shifting back to South Texas work now so I won’t be out that way for a while unless we catch a job out of district or take a vacation.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I heard what sounded like radio techs doing some testing in San Angelo a couple of years ago, but it's been quiet since.
I've not recorded a single affiliation on any of the sites much less voice activity in 2022. If it is completely unused, it is odd for it to remain on the air. Don't have to dismantle it, but power it down at least until shiny new funding comes along to revamp the project.

KE5PL

I know I’ve never heard Sonora or San Angelo on the air. Taylor Box a few months back was running a carrier only with no control channel but then it was back to normal more recently. I am shifting back to South Texas work now so I won’t be out that way for a while unless we catch a job out of district or take a vacation.
Sonora and Mertzon were dismantled. There isn’t a site at San Angelo.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Site 1.19 Utopia is off the air currently. It is not showing as a neighbor, nor is there currently a control channel on the air. The license was modified in Oct 2022 to move the site to Concan just south of Garner St Park.

I also did not detect a control channel for what we called the El Indio site which is actually known as Tordillo Ranch by GATRRS (it's 34 miles south of El Indio). It's possible that the site is offline as well. Zapata's license expired a few years ago and may no longer be on the air as well. That is a South Texas Development Council site but was licensed to Zapata SO. I do not travel that far south so I won't be able to confirm.

Sprailer36

I have not heard anything in regards to Brady.

I've not been actively involved in maintenance/deployment of the Western Region portion of GATRRS for about 4 years now. I knew Gillespie and Mason were both in testing as of October 1 of this year but don't really ask about what's going on as I am really just kept updated as a "hey we are seeing this at this new location or with this hardware and someone seems to remember you having a similar issue, did you have a solution that resolved the issue" kind of thing.

As for Concho Valley COG...I came to that logical conclusion when I found out about the intended Permian Basin merger in 2017 but my observational take away was that it wasn't in the 5 year plan and not something to consider for the current plan.

The CVCOG System probably won't go anywhere. It was an idea that never came to fruition. It was supposed to be a unified dispatch system that was to support all the counties in the COG, but not all counties were on board when the system was rolling out. I think there are some subs that are programmed for the system, but its rarely used. The option is still there though.

LCRA tried to onboard McCulloch County and Brady, but from what I am understanding, the cost was substantial. For sure though, there is an OS site in Brady Currently.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Confirmed after several days of being within 3 miles and line of sight of 1.18 Tordillo (El Indio) that it is offline. No control channel for any P25 system in this area off Mines Rd/Eagle Pass Rd.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Confirmed after several days of being within 3 miles and line of sight of 1.18 Tordillo (El Indio) that it is offline. No control channel for any P25 system in this area off Mines Rd/Eagle Pass Rd.
It was only down for a few weeks at most and around 10 am this morning site 18 is back on the air. Amazing timing.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Site 1.18 is off the air again, or very weak. Did not detect even a weak signal from Carrizo Springs to Eagle Pass, and I used to be able to get it with the scanner stock antenna alone.
Site 1.12 Eagle Pass has no advertised neighbors. Unsure how this affects wandering radios from the SO and fire departments, but the countryside is pretty dang flat outside of EP so may not even be needed.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
1.18 El Indio appears to be running full strength again, displaying Eagle Pass, Carrizo, Botines and Cotulla as neighbors. Cotulla, Botines and Carrizo were all displaying El Indio a few days ago so full wide area mode must be fixed.

KTR722

Feed Provider

Question for Project25_MASTR, or anyone who may know the answer: What is the official name for the Bertram Tower Site (Site 072), Burnet County, and does anyone know where it is phycially located?