BCT15X: BCT15X Powering on and off spontaneously

Yuba_City_Fire

Feed Provider
Good morning all. I am using a BCT15X to broadcast my feed. The hardware is new (less than 6 months). All of a sudden, the scanner itself powers down and back up in a vicious cycle. As soon as it powers up and starts to scan, it powers down again. I am hoping the power cord is bad? Has anyone else run into this issue before?

TIA

Yuba_City_Fire

Feed Provider
The transformer is plugged into a power strip. No other equipment is having the same issue. That was my original thought of the power transformer/plug being faulty.

GROL

Does it go on and off if you wiggle the plug at the scanner a bit? Could be bad plug on the power supply and maybe a loose socket on the scanner. This radio comes with a cigarette lighter cord. Maybe try that in the car or other source with a 12 volt lighter socket. If it works fine then the power supply is the issue..

freqseeker

Tip: The 3-pin power connection is more robust than the coaxial power jack.
I run all of my scanners from the 3 pin connector. I use Anderson Powerpoles with West Mountain Radio Rigrunners. It makes it easy to switch between power supplies and backup battery for power outages. It's a little spendy at first but very convenient once setup. My amateur radios are set up the same way.

Yuba_City_Fire

Feed Provider
So I ordered a new power supply. The issue remained. I went back in to check an hour or so later and it seemed to be working ok. When I opened the ProScan app on my computer it started having the issue again. I unplugged the USB connection between the scanner and computer and the problem went away. It has been working for 12 hours now without any issues. If I plug the USB back into the front of the scanner, the issue returns. I can broadcast the feed with just the aux cable for audio, but the data will not come across. ProScan bug? Bad data cable?

a417

That is my plan unless someone else knows of a known bug/issue. Already bought a new power adapter trying to eliminate possibilities
I was speaking specifically about the cable, independant of the new power adaptor you just bought.

Yuba_City_Fire

Feed Provider
I was speaking specifically about the cable, independant of the new power adaptor you just bought.
Yes I understood your reply. I was hoping to avoid purchasing different components as part of my troubleshooting if a member was familiar with a known issue.

Regardless, the issue remained even with the data cable unplugged and simply running the new power cable and 1/8" audio cable. I have brought in an older BCT15X from home and hooked it up. The problem seems to be isolated to the scanner itself. I have sent Uniden a tech support request. Too much time has passed for an Amazon return/exchange so I shall see what Uniden has to say.

Thanks for the help, folks.

YCFD