Audio Routing Software - Windows 11

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I'm looking for audio routing software that will allow me to send audio from an SDR program to multiple outputs, similar to JACK on Linux. Essentially, I want the output of the SDR software to go to PDW, for example, as well as my speakers. I'm using VBcable currently, but that requires me to select a different audio output device for it to work.

An example in the JACK workflow is here:

Those lines are drag-and-drop so you can route channels fairly effortlessly. Anything exist like this on Windows?

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
I use this on Win11 with no issues. All of my audio sources map in and out of this. I use four USB external sound "cards" which supports up to 8 radios by using the mono audio out of the radio into either the L or R of the sound card input.

belvdr

I use this on Win11 with no issues. All of my audio sources map in and out of this. I use four USB external sound "cards" which supports up to 8 radios by using the mono audio out of the radio into either the L or R of the sound card input.

That did the trick, thanks! It's complicated, but I'm learning as I go. I was hoping for more virtual input/outputs, but this will suffice for my current needs.

TJX400

I also very strongly recommend Voicemeeter Potato. I love it. It lets you label each audio input/output, you can use VBAN to send audio (with very little delay) between multiple machines that are on the same network. I cannot say enough about how great the software is.

belvdr

Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) - connect audio applications, route and mix sounds (muzychenko.net)

Number of cables is limited only by computer resources. Free version is limited to a single cable. One piece of advice for use: Run as administrator to change any cable settings. Please note: I have not tried with Win11.
I don’t think this will do, as all connections are 1:1, correct? I want to be able to use software to route audio where I want, without the need to reconfigure each software package.

I was able to use Voicemeeter to do that.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I don’t think this will do, as all connections are 1:1, correct? I want to be able to use software to route audio where I want, without the need to reconfigure each software package.

I was able to use Voicemeeter to do that.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to have multiple sources or multiple receiving points or recorders. But I've never had the need to try, so don't know for sure.