TRX-1: Audio Files

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
After I select Get List in the TRX-1 program Recorded Audio Control, the program is not downloading off the SD Card all the audio file. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
After I select Get List in the RTX-1 program Recorded Audio Control, the program is not downloading off the SD Card all the audio file. What am I doing wrong?

Your scanner must be plugged in to the USB on the computer and turned off, you click on GET LIST and it will show you the scanner location, you may need to refresh or use the drop down to find the scanner, select the scanner and it will show you a list of audio files (if any exist).

You must highlight files to select them and click on COPY or MOVE if you wish to put them on your computer.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 14.50.00.png

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Your scanner must be plugged in to the USB on the computer and turned off, you click on GET LIST and it will show you the scanner location, you may need to refresh or use the drop down to find the scanner, select the scanner and it will show you a list of audio files (if any exist).

I have been doing these steps, but there are more recordings on the SD card than what is in the list.

You must highlight files to select them and click on COPY or MOVE if you wish to put them on your computer.

View attachment 131840
I have not been doing these steps, I see why there are no recordings on my hard-drive.

racingfan360

Sometimes the ARINDEX.DAT file will corrupt, and EZScan thinks there are no audio files on the SD Card.

Plug in the TRX1 via the USB lead, and once connected navigate to the REC folder of whatever drive letter the TRX1 shows up as via Windows Explorer. Check if there are files listed that EZScan cant find.

You then have 2 choices: (1) copy the files directly off the SD Card to your computer or (2) replace the ARINDEX.DAT file with another and retry with EZScan. As a rule I usually keep a spare ARINDEX.DAT file in a separate backup folder on my SD card for just this reason.

Last edited:

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
How do you know there are more recordings if they aren't showing up in the list? All files in the recording file folder on the SD Card should show up.
I compare the audio file list in the program and on the SD card, and there a a whole lot more audio recordings on the SD card.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes the ARINDEX.DAT file will corrupt, and EZScan thinks there are no audio files on the SD Card.

Plug in the TRX1 via the USB lead, and once connected navigate to the REC folder of whatever drive letter the TRX1 shows up as via Windows Explorer. Check if there are files listed that EZScan cant find.

You then have 2 choices: (1) copy the files directly off the SD Card to your computer or (2) replace the ARINDEX.DAT file with another and retry with EZScan. As a rule I usually keep a spare ARINDEX.DAT file in a separate backup folder on my SD card for just this reason.

Choice #1, I copy the audio files from the SD card into the TRX-1 Audio directory on my computer hard-drive?

racingfan360

You can copy them into any directory on your PC, that will preserve the original .au files. Do this anyway to retain a backup. Copy ALL of the REC folder contents, including the original ARINDEX.DAT file.

Then two options: (1) if you have a spare USB drive, try and copy ALL the contents of the TRX1 SD card to that. Then when you try Get List in EZScan, select the USB drive, not the TRX1. See if that picks them up.
(2) This might not work, it might be out of date, but try replacing the ARINDEX.DAT on the SD card with that attached. Try Get List again.

Attachments

• ARINDEX.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 4

racingfan360

If @Whistler_Support is following this thread, there appears to be some issues with EZScan initialising and reading an ARINDEX.dat file.

I have two TRX1s. If I read the audio file contents from TRX1 #1 using Get List in EZScan, unplug TRX1 #1, then plug in TRX1 #2 I can pretty much guarantee EZScan will work as expected EXCEPT it will not find any audio files on #2. If I replace the ARINDEX.dat file in situ then it works. However if I were simply to close down EZScan before plugging in #2, everything works fine including Get List.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I tried the Rebuild Index and looks like it worked. thanks everyone for the help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I tried the Rebuild Index and looks like it worked. thanks everyone for the help.
That's what I use. Usually, when I simply use "Read Disk" in EZ-Scan, I get 'no audio files found', even though I know there is. So, I've making it a habit to first use 'Rebuild Index', and after that completes, then 'Get Files', which loads them without a problem. That may be related to the ARINDEX issue that racingfan noted above.