AWIN Discussion

drbeede

Feed Provider
yeah I have not caught the id's yet, but I'm wondering if it is one of the TG's in little rock, the LR police tend to encrypt all their traffic and TG's.

JRsTheMAN

Any update on where Site 62 is located? I am planning on pointing a yagi toward this tower and have a dedicated radio to monitor it. I can pick it up in Southern Stone County, MO

btritch

I was in the Little Rock area today and picked up a talkgroup. I looked several times and didn't see it in the database. It's falls in close to North Little Rock animal control so I'm assuming it's NLR talkgroup. It sounded like what appeared to be fire traffic. They were discussing officers clearing a call stating that fire was on scene and fire stating their engine never made it on scene. I may have overlooked it but I looked several times. I'm in NEA and can't hear it from here so if it is indeed new maybe someone can find it. It was talkgroup 37704.

Airdorn

I stumbled on AWIN site 1.8 today. I am in Cordova, TN, and I can monitor Marion and Shell Lake sites reliably. Tonight I'm seeing Site 1.8 which is not in the RR database.

For the best signal I have to aim my yagi slightly WNW of me. To me, the Marion AWIN site is due West, so this site is apparently north of Marion, Arkansas.

The Control channel is 769.40625, and the secondary CC is 770.15625. NEITHER of those appear in the FCC database!

Talkgroups seen are: 601, 20201, and 20210 -- Mainly State PD from Forrest City and Crittenden Co. Sheriff. I also saw a lot of 6403 (Statewide Prisoner transport), something I've never seen monitoring the Marion AWIN site. Notably absent from this site is the Jonesboro PD talkgroup which dominates the Marion site.

The direction is nearly the same to me as the Marion site but the signal is a bit weaker, so it must be a bit further out.

The frequencies are not in the FCC database. Can anyone explain why that is?

wbloss

Human
Database Admin

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
That's what I get for reading early in the morning before caffeine...didn't see the FCC bit in that last line. Thought you meant the database on here :geek:

Airdorn

@Airdorn :
If the frequencies are not in the FCC database (NOT the RR Database) it is likely that they are in the state-controlled frequency segment. Those individual frequencies are assigned/coordinated by the state. WPTZ801 shows no specific freqs, but band: ULS License - Public Safety 700 MHZ Band-State License License - WPTZ801 - Arkansas, State of
Can you flesh out the other freqs - do you have PRO90COM (it's free) or DSD?
Using DSD, I saw the following frequencies:

CC 769.40625
SCC 770.15625

Just wondering how I'd go about determining where the tower for site 1.8 is so that we can give it a snazzy name for the RR database. :)

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
TG 37704 shows in the database as North Little Rock Police common - are you saying that is incorrect?