CBSA in Niagara Region

ATCTech

Pure speculation on my part but far more likely to do with a substantial jump in the price of the contract for the service.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I heard that CBSA will always go onto the local P25 system of whatever city they are in.
When CBSA went with Hytera radios, I don't think the Niagara system was fully operational at the time, so they did their own thing. That's why CBSA in Windsor is on the Windsor city P25 system. Sarnia Bluewater Bridge is UHF analog since Sarnia doesn't have their own system (for who knows why? PD is VHF P25 on conventional repeaters and fire is DMR on IP site connected repeaters) Mississauga CBSA is on their P25 system. Must of been contract renewal time and they said no.

Little more speedy for relaying border runners, Amber Alerts, closed lanes or borders to the local police then having to phone it in and have that sometimes long delay. That's my 52 cents worth.

mbstone99

I just found this from 2021..

I heard that CBSA will always go onto the local P25 system of whatever city they are in.
When CBSA went with Hytera radios, I don't think the Niagara system was fully operational at the time, so they did their own thing. That's why CBSA in Windsor is on the Windsor city P25 system. Sarnia Bluewater Bridge is UHF analog since Sarnia doesn't have their own system (for who knows why? PD is VHF P25 on conventional repeaters and fire is DMR on IP site connected repeaters) Mississauga CBSA is on their P25 system. Must of been contract renewal time and they said no.

Little more speedy for relaying border runners, Amber Alerts, closed lanes or borders to the local police then having to phone it in and have that sometimes long delay. That's my 52 cents worth.

It looks like the contract with Canquest (pre FWC and pre T3) was announced back in 2017.

Matt

XBrandonEdwardX

Telecommunications

Reading though this report, it seems very clear to me that this could very-well be what we believe it is. If so, I will say this... they move quick! Sadly, although they are still encrypted there's only one-way to know 100%.

But I do want to purpose the question that are we sure this isn't the Niagara Parks Police service? I heard that they are on the same system, but I am not sure what their talkgroups are.

PS - Nice to see that Sinclair and Hytera are in trouble again! :p

mbstone99

Reading though this report, it seems very clear to me that this could very-well be what we believe it is. If so, I will say this... they move quick! Sadly, although they are still encrypted there's only one-way to know 100%.

But I do want to purpose the question that are we sure this isn't the Niagara Parks Police service? I heard that they are on the same system, but I am not sure what their talkgroups are.

PS - Nice to see that Sinclair and Hytera are in trouble again! :p

That is what I am thinking too when I read that..

I haven't been down to the Falls in a while but last time I was there I was picking up a Cap+ system down there that I haven't been able to confirm but the 2 frequencies are licensed to NPC so maybe you can confirm if this is NPC or not.

This is what I have so far.

451.1875 CC 10 LCN ?
454.4250 CC 10 LCN ?
Talkgroups heard are 155 & 156

Matt

XBrandonEdwardX

Telecommunications
That is what I am thinking too when I read that..

I haven't been down to the Falls in a while but last time I was there I was picking up a Cap+ system down there that I haven't been able to confirm but the 2 frequencies are licensed to NPC so maybe you can confirm if this is NPC or not.

This is what I have so far.

451.1875 CC 10 LCN ?
454.4250 CC 10 LCN ?
Talkgroups heard are 155 & 156

Matt

Yeah! I don't want to hijack this thread or get it too off-topic. But I will look into those 2 CAP+ frequencies, and I will see if maybe I can shoot you a PM or an email? I am not sure if RadioReference supports that feature or not. But, I will figure it out.

My understanding is that everything to do with the Niagara Parks Commission is handled through the Talk Wireless site on top of the tallest tower of the Hilton Hotel.

ATCTech

I'm just listening and this came up

6684678TEPB CommercialPeace Bridge - CommercialFederal

If that equates to somebody just keying up a radio for a split second (or at least there was no response or subsequent transmissions) I'd guess they simply clicked PTT on a radio to see if it did anything. Watching site 4 (Peace Bridge) this morning for the last 4+ hours and again ZERO enc. CBSA activity. They can't be that silent can they?

I take it you grabbed that from the Fort Erie site (#3) Steve? Sadly I can't see even a hint of that site from up here.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
If that equates to somebody just keying up a radio for a split second (or at least there was no response or subsequent transmissions) I'd guess they simply clicked PTT on a radio to see if it did anything. Watching site 4 (Peace Bridge) this morning for the last 4+ hours and again ZERO enc. CBSA activity. They can't be that silent can they?

I take it you grabbed that from the Fort Erie site (#3) Steve? Sadly I can't see even a hint of that site from up here.

Hi ATCTech,

I use a Uniden 436 scanner and it cuts out as soon as it gets audio, but I did hear the encrypted audio for a second.
I have now been listening to the system for several days and that's all I received. I live less the 200 feet from the Peace Bridge and it's not normal for no traffic for this long, the Peace Bridge is busy and they should be a lot of radio traffic and there seems to be none.
I have never seen this before. With all the radios and all the traffic and Christmas shoppers we should be hearing more on the radios.

Just picked this up at 18:30 pm
TG-6684679
UID: 6685129
Flexible Response Team 6 seconds of encrypted audio
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Picked this up today
Heimann Cargo Vision Mobile TG- 6684680 uid- 6685055 14:47 PM
Peace Bridge Commercial TG-6684678 UID- 6685060 Time 10:31
Steve

gary123

Saint, I feel your pain. The auto mute on the Uniden hardware is a real pain for locating encrypted activity on any system. It may be possible that there is a radio blackout in effect in order to have higher security and enforcement over the holidays. Cellphone usage could account for the massive loss of traffic. This is only speculation though.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Saint I feel your pain. The auto mute on the Uniden hardware is a real pain for locating encrypted activity on any system. It may be possible that there is a radio blackout in effect in order to have higher security and enforcement over the holidays?? cellphone usage could account for the massive loss of traffic. This is only speculation though.
Yeah, I should of kept one of my other scanners for doing things like this. I will let the scanner run 24/7 from now until after the Holidays and see what it logs on the system.
Steve

gary123

American rulings do not affect Canada. Having said that there is a push to source and use equipment from sources that may not have ulterior motives or interests contrary to established national policy.

This buy Canadian message is brought to you by...