VSP Patches

MB

Feed Provider
Does anyone know why the different VSP troops get patched together often at various times? I often hear VSP New Haven get patched with VSP Berlin, St. Albans and other troops.

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know why the different VSP troops get patched together often at various times? I often hear VSP New Haven get patched with VSP Berlin, St. Albans and other troops.
What type of system are they using? If it is a trunked system, affiliation is probably the reason.

ecps92

Is it a patch, where you hear both sides of the conversation or is it just the Dispatcher keying up multiple Repeater sites ?

MB

Feed Provider
Is it a patch, where you hear both sides of the conversation or is it just the Dispatcher keying up multiple Repeater sites ?

I can hear both sides of the conversation. The other Troops that they patch are not even close to each other. Maybe its a Dispatch manpower issue and they are using one Dispatcher for multiple Troops? Not sure what's going on.

ecps92

could be, especially if it occurs on evenings/weekends and holidays
see if you find a pattern
I can hear both sides of the conversation. The other Troops that they patch are not even close to each other. Maybe its a Dispatch manpower issue and they are using one Dispatcher for multiple Troops? Not sure what's going on.

Reactions: MB

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
It happens when 2 people need to talk to each other and 1 of them may not have cell phone service. The old way is patching to each other. Simple and fast.

MB

Feed Provider
It happens when 2 people need to talk to each other and 1 of them may not have cell phone service. The old way is patching to each other. Simple and fast.
This IS NOT what they are doing. They are patching the repeaters at the console in the Dispatch Center so all traffic (dispatch and patrol) from different Troops / tower sites is heard by all who monitor those two VSP Troop frequencies for sometimes hours at a time.